PDA

View Full Version : How much fat on a bulk?

IHaveToCrushYou
03-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey guys, I'm a little over 1 week into my bulk and seem to be pretty adjusted to things (ate at 3000 cals and didnt gain anything so I've upped my cals to 4000 a day for the last couple days so we'll see in a week's time if that is suffiecient).

Anyways, Im just wondering if there is such thing as too much fat on a bulk? I mean Ive averaged roughly 140g fat (35-40 saturated, 16-20 polyunsaturated and 16-20 monunsaturated).

I know those numbers dont account for all the fat but I find a lot of foods only mention saturated fats (ie total fat = 30g, saturated fat = 15g, leaving me wondering what kind of fat the other 15g is).

Built
03-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Nope. Just watch your gains. If you gain too fast, you'll gain too much fat - if that happens, drop your cals down a bit.

If you're using fats to boost calories, you might want to lean on the monos the most heavily.

IHaveToCrushYou
03-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks Built, my main source of monos has been almonds/almond butter so far. I've heard olive oil is pretty good so I'll incorporate that into my shakes.

On a side note its weird seeing my carb intake jump from 240 to roughly 350-450 a day. lol