PDA

View Full Version : some vids

SaVvY
03-17-2007, 09:41 AM
aint posted any lifting vids in ages, i was waiting till i did something impressive, kinda forgot how weak i am! so heres some not very impressive vids for the time being

140kg front squat - http://youtube.com/watch?v=YLBIfHbxMqc
180kg x 8 deadlift - http://youtube.com/watch?v=2V9I2kSj0Ls

ima hopefully pick up 205lb dumbbells an shrug em a few times next week so maybe a vid of that if i can actually make them

oh yeh excuse the straps, my hands get badly overtrained sometimes, im still going for the HG500! - http://youtube.com/watch?v=7M143Q4p388

Stumprrp
03-17-2007, 05:26 PM
awesome videos savvy far from weak

Detard
03-17-2007, 05:40 PM
damn that 180x8 was ugly. Those last bunch of reps were hitched like crazy! Nice job with that weight though. Front squat looked good though.

-Superman-
03-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Not hating or anything, but the last few deadlifts looked very painful and awful. 400 lbs is no joke though so you must know what you are doing. :redface:

KarateBoy
03-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Yea- thats definitely going to result in an injury.

McVein
03-18-2007, 06:21 AM
in my opinion, all of our deadluift reps are poor....but thats still 180k's

Nik00117
03-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Your deadlifts were ugly...

Squat was beatiful.

But you obviously doing something right. nearly 400 LBs, you don't look like your anything past 230. I wanna say near 200 above or below I can't tell which. Whats your Deadlift max?

Bob
03-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Not exactly PL competition reps.. but they would be good for strongman events...

Nice job dude... Strong back..

SaVvY
03-18-2007, 02:01 PM
cheers dudes

ive never got injured from pulling like that, it just naturally happens, i go under it an then up, wouldn't say its hitching, i dont jerk it up with traps or anything - actually thought the front squat was worse, knees went too far forward

no im not 200lbs haha im about 260 at my heaviest right now> 30in thighs, 50in chest, 24in skull (lol) dont consider myself muscular though, ill end up a lot bigger

Mike G
03-20-2007, 02:06 PM
cheers dudes

ive never got injured from pulling like that, it just naturally happens, i go under it an then up, wouldn't say its hitching, i dont jerk it up with traps or anything - actually thought the front squat was worse, knees went too far forward

no im not 200lbs haha im about 260 at my heaviest right now> 30in thighs, 50in chest, 24in skull (lol) dont consider myself muscular though, ill end up a lot bigger

That's what hitching is. The first two reps you don't dip under the bar like the last few. Definitely looks like Strongman reps more than PL reps. Considering what you are lifting for, that's not a bad thing. Good job and you look a lot heavier than 200lbs.

Rock Steady
03-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Savvy, I hate to say it but I'm going to agree with the others. Fortunately, I didn't see much wrong with the first couple of reps, so an easy solution may be to keep your rep range to 2-3 max.

I was going to say something about the straps too, because your grip is freak'n sick! After that, I saw what you said about overtraining - understandable.

It may be in your best interest to take another DL video, but from the side. I plan to do the same when I get a new camera - then everyone can tell me that my form isn't even close to as good as yours!

SaVvY
03-20-2007, 04:43 PM
always thought hitching was when you jerk it up with your traps, but it dont really matter

thanks mike, weak but im getting stronger! an yeh, they look like strongman reps cuss they are! i have no reason not to do whatever the fook i want, i just do what my body naturally wants to do

im wearing straps for pretty much everything right now cuss my grips always completely destroyed otherwise - ima now try training it completely seperate for the most part

i did the 93kg/205lb dumbbell shrugs, i got 8 reps, but the weights fell off one of the bells as i was putting em down an i pretty clearly said the F word haha so no vid!

HeavyBomber
03-20-2007, 06:11 PM
You have 30" thighs dude? OMG! I would kill for those!

Don't be looking downon those deads. The floor is still there. Nice front.

SaVvY
03-20-2007, 07:41 PM
You have 30" thighs dude? OMG! I would kill for those!

Don't be looking downon those deads. The floor is still there. Nice front.
haha good point, no idea why i do that

yeh around 30in cold at the biggest point, 2/8ths off, just measured an took a quick pic (makes my other leg look like 10in but its the same size i swear!)

Rock Steady
03-21-2007, 08:40 AM
haha good point, no idea why i do that

yeh around 30in cold at the biggest point, 2/8ths off, just measured an took a quick pic (makes my other leg look like 10in but its the same size i swear!)

Good lord! Awesome man - gives me something to shoot for!