PDA

View Full Version : HIIT Every Other Day

Twan
03-18-2007, 07:14 PM
If I'm trying to cut, would it be ideal to do HIIT every other day? I'd like to drop about 15 pounds in 1 month. I think I can do it.

beatlesfreak
03-18-2007, 09:41 PM
HIIT is great, but ultimately it's a matter of calories in versus calories out. If you're eating a corresponding amount of food, it really doesn't matter how often or how intensely you are HIIT-ing.

That being said, HIIT really helps a lot if you are otherwise tracking your calories well.

I like to do Crossfit workouts, and if I'm watching my food intake cutting seems to progress really well.

I have found lately though that an every other day schedule can be very fatiguing when living in a caloric deficit for weeks on end. I've cut back to Tuesdays and Saturdays for HIIT and lifting heavy on other days--M, W, F.

Good luck.

ArchAngel777
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
HIIT is great, but ultimately it's a matter of calories in versus calories out. If you're eating a corresponding amount of food, it really doesn't matter how often or how intensely you are HIIT-ing.

That being said, HIIT really helps a lot if you are otherwise tracking your calories well.

I like to do Crossfit workouts, and if I'm watching my food intake cutting seems to progress really well.

I have found lately though that an every other day schedule can be very fatiguing when living in a caloric deficit for weeks on end. I've cut back to Tuesdays and Saturdays for HIIT and lifting heavy on other days--M, W, F.

Good luck.

Good Post, I agree.