PDA

View Full Version : College diet difficulties...Cutting diet advice

fiy123
03-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Due to being enrolled in college, at times it is difficult for me to eat right. The limited amount of food and timesthat I can eat, make it hard to have a really good diet. After lurking around the forums and trying to make healthier decisions this is what ive been eating latley

I have a muscular build but after first semester have put on some weight in my mid section that comes hand in hand with poor eating, I am now making a conciensce effort to lose that weight before summer rolls around

currently im 6'3 215, the only real fat being in my mid section that im trying to lose. this is what I haven been eating for about the past week and seems to work

9:00 --
Creatine
2 Egg whites
1 whole egg w/ketchup
2 pieces of whole wheat toast with some rasberry spread (its just there next to the toast I have no idea what it is lol)

11:00 --
A Bananna

12:30 --
Sandwich with Lite wheat bread/Provolone cheese/turkey/lettuce/honey mustard,
3 Egg whites w/ salt

3:00 --
Whey 24g protein shake

6:00 --
2 chicken brests w/ Bbq sauce or mariana sauce
occassional salad
fruit
White rice with soy sauce

9:00 -- Whey 24g Protein shake and/or assorted fruit
Protein Bar

Im also lifting upperbody only on Mon,Weds,Fri
Im running about 2.5 miles on Tues, Thurs

Thanks in advance for any responses, there just isnt many healthy choices at college and it just makes it that much more difficult. I just wanna make sure im doing this right

Unreal
03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Diet and training look pretty poor. Start tracking calories. Eating healthy is cheap. Oats, peanut butter, whey, olive oil, chicken, tuna, eggs etc are all cheap.

McIrish
03-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, your diet needs a little work there, as does your routine. Start with some healthy fats (think olive oil/peanut butter), replace the bread you're eating, and get some vegetables in there.

So far, it appears you only consume bread, egg whites, chicken, and protein shakes. That diet needs a little tweaking.

fiy123
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
replace the bread you're eating,

any suggestions with what to replace it with, there really isnt much options in a college cafeteria if youve ever been to one.

Unholy
03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Im in college too and thats pretty much my diet as well. Try to get cottage cheese and fat free milk. Hit up the local super market if you have to.

Phenom
03-19-2007, 04:18 PM
If your campus doesn't have tuna buy a whole bunch of cans of tuna and keep them in your room. Easy snack and very healthy.

fiy123
03-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Just to give you guys an example of what im wokring with heres my school menu

http://www.etown.edu/docs/DiningServices/CYCLE%20MENUS%20SPRING%202007.DOC

Im gonna go out tonight and buy some tuna fish for snacks and substitute that random jam with peanut butter

stepto180
03-19-2007, 10:00 PM
i used to smuggle food out of the cafeteria....when you get the chicken breast just get a bunch of them bring tuperware and have it for later or the next day

i_man45
03-20-2007, 02:34 AM
tuna, u cant go wrong 23g protein per can

McIrish
03-20-2007, 09:55 AM
any suggestions with what to replace it with, there really isnt much options in a college cafeteria if youve ever been to one.

i used to smuggle food out of the cafeteria....when you get the chicken breast just get a bunch of them bring tuperware and have it for later or the next day

I am an admitted cafeteria-thief, too. I'd take out an extra chicken breast or a glass of milk in a container basically every day. As for replacing plain white bread... hmm, at the risk of feeling like the national broccoli association's spokesperson, ditch the bread for the broccoli. Also, you only eat one actual egg per day - you don't have high cholesterol problems, do you? I think you can afford another few egg yolks per day. Just an idea. It seems to me that they get a bad rap solely because of "the evilllll fats".

fiy123
03-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Ive always just been told to avoid egg yolkes as much as I can, apparently their evil.

At the caf I dont get the scrambled eggs that they give out, their very nasty. I usually get a bunch of the bagel egg sandwiches and take out the sunny side up eggs. I then remove some of the yolkes

Thanks everyone for the advice so far