PDA

View Full Version : I need help to get prepared for varsity football

zaleon
03-19-2007, 04:55 PM
The title says it all. I have about 5 months til im on the field and right now i am far from ready. Im confident (not to confident) with my skills in the position I want to play which is corner back aka defensive back. I have to run backwards sideways and almost every way you can think of. I mostly need speed and upper body strength and some lower body strength. there is no point in being really big because this position has you running like crazy. I can't afford to go to a gym right now because of some money issues with a guitar, but i am getting this bench:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...65_500X500.jpg

as for the bar i'm prolly going 2 get one of those small ones with about 100-110 lbs of weight ( yes, i realize that is not much)

also one big thing, im looking for a 7 day workout....YES seven day. and i need the cardio workout included (preferably just running)

If anyone can please help me out i'll really appreciate it. I'll put 100% effort and wake up as early as i need to, eat right, and do whatever i have to.

and the last thing is supplements. can i take creatine or protein? and can i take both at the same time? and how much? and when?

ams44
03-19-2007, 05:31 PM
dont your coachs have you guys working out on a program at all?

zaleon
03-19-2007, 05:32 PM
-_- im not in the off season

Detard
03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Read everything on this board. All the questions you are asking have been answered in depth at least 10 times.

1. Post your stats
2. Your NOT going to workout 7 days a week at 100% effort for 5 months. You WILL burn out.
3. Creatine=5g per day every day.
4. Protein=~1.5g per lb of body weight. Drink LOTS of water.
5. Creatine and protein at the same time? yes but do your research first.
6. You WILL want to have a strong lower body for football or else you will get run the **** over.
7. Work your WHOLE body focusing on power cleans, Push press, Deadlift, Squat, Bench, and all the other football specific lifts posted on this site.
8. Start WBB1 (again, search for it in the routine articles on the main page) and do exactly what it says. You DONT need to change it because its what YOU think is right.
9 & 10. Browse through this site and read everything you can about football, dieting, supplements and all the other stuff you have questions about.

zaleon
03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
i can't post my stats yet i'll try next week cus that's when i get my stuff. but stats u mean max right?

zaleon
03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
btw, very helpful thank you

schmitty199
03-19-2007, 06:58 PM
The title says it all. I have about 5 months til im on the field and right now i am far from ready. Im confident (not to confident) with my skills in the position I want to play which is corner back aka defensive back. I have to run backwards sideways and almost every way you can think of. I mostly need speed and upper body strength and some lower body strength. there is no point in being really big because this position has you running like crazy. I can't afford to go to a gym right now because of some money issues with a guitar, but i am getting this bench:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...65_500X500.jpg

as for the bar i'm prolly going 2 get one of those small ones with about 100-110 lbs of weight ( yes, i realize that is not much)

also one big thing, im looking for a 7 day workout....YES seven day. and i need the cardio workout included (preferably just running)

If anyone can please help me out i'll really appreciate it. I'll put 100% effort and wake up as early as i need to, eat right, and do whatever i have to.

and the last thing is supplements. can i take creatine or protein? and can i take both at the same time? and how much? and when?

Well at CB it's all about tackling technique and toughness. Like you said you dont have to be big(although it helps) at all to play CB. Ive seen 135 pound corners completely demolish 200+ strong running backs because the come in like a rocket and hit low. In coverage you can either cover or you cant. Some people have "ball skills" some people have none. Speed and agility will help but if you dont have ball skills it isnt going to matter. And incase you dont know what ball skills are it's basically the ability to feel and predict where the ball is without looking the whole time its in the air and able to make a play on it. And again some people have it some people dont.