PDA

View Full Version : Brand name advice - Need a new blender.

Australian
03-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Yep, I blew up my blender. What a waste of good shake it was when it happened! What a bad plastic burning smell too! So, the only difficulty I have now is deciding on a new one. If you want to help me find one that would be great, but please use www.google.com.au and look for the websites that finish with .com.au. Conversely, just throw a good brand name at me and I'll get one off ebay. Who here uses their blender a lot? :thumbup:

BigEasy
03-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I use a KitchenAid ultrapower.
I like it alot, and it's pretty quiet too.

FreeRider
03-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I just got a black and decker one. Thing has about 475watts of power but it sounds like the end of the world when you fire it up! Blends like mad, but for what it sounds like I would expect bolts of lightening to be shooting out the sides with smoke billowing out the base! Pretty cheap...but stick with some higher quality if you want performance at less then 100dB!!!!

03-20-2007, 08:50 PM
i have a hamilton beach one i really like it I use it ALL the time

Australian
03-21-2007, 12:56 AM
I just got a black and decker one. Thing has about 475watts of power but it sounds like the end of the world when you fire it up! Blends like mad, but for what it sounds like I would expect bolts of lightening to be shooting out the sides with smoke billowing out the base! Pretty cheap...but stick with some higher quality if you want performance at less then 100dB!!!!Haha! That's exactly why I asked this question!

Scooter
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
consumer reports rates the Braun PowerMax as the top blender. I've never used it tho.

Rock Steady
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
The Hamilton Beach "Stay or Go" blender with the travel cup has saved me literally dozens of hours over the past year and it works well too. Instead of cleaning the blender and the cup you drink out of each time, you just drink out of the travel cup. Highly recommend it.

Lones Green
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I just got a black and decker one. Thing has about 475watts of power but it sounds like the end of the world when you fire it up! Blends like mad, but for what it sounds like I would expect bolts of lightening to be shooting out the sides with smoke billowing out the base! Pretty cheap...but stick with some higher quality if you want performance at less then 100dB!!!!

i have the same blender. i was laughing so hard because i was about to post something along the lines of this. you could serioulsy blend a tire iron, a brick, chuck norris, and a couple of scoops of protein in this no problem. but its louder than a harley.

bjohnso
03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
^^^LOL!

I have a Salton. It has a stainless steel base and a glass...umm, blender I guess is what you would call it. Cost about $40 U.S. and I've been grinding up two shakes a day (bananas, orange juice, yogurt, whey, and occasionally ice cubes) and it still works like new.

RedSpikeyThing
03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Get a BlendTec. It devours everything. (check youtube if you don't know what I'm talking about).

Serious answer: I just got the magic bullet and it's really good! The blade attaches to the cup you drink from, so dump and drink. My only complaint would be that the cups aren't big enough for some of the shakes I like to make.