PDA

View Full Version : HELP With My NHE Carb-up Meal..

MonStar1023
02-20-2002, 07:28 PM
:eek::eek:

Guys I know that this is ridiculous. Trust me I feel retarded posting something else on NHE, or carb-ups, or NHE carb-ups.. Regardless, after reading the Ask Rob section of extique.com and checking out my NHE book, I have stumbled upon some information that I am afraid that I may have been taking in too little carbs in my carb-ups. Which is really crazy. Heres a quote from NHE.

... "Split the carb-load into two meals separated by 2-4 hours. Aim for at least 100 grams of active carbohydrate at each meal. Some bodybuilders will consume 200 carbs or more at each carb-load meal; that's fine if you can handle it. Within reason, the more carbs the better. With this in mind, keep protein, fat, and liquids low at these meals in order to max-out the carbs. Fluid intake should also be minimized immediately before and immediately after carb-loading. However, I do recommend sipping water during and after carb-loading because adequate hydration is necessary for optimal glycogen storage. After you have digested the carb-load, resume liberal ingestion of water, as indicated above."

:cool::cool:

Qea
02-20-2002, 07:47 PM
erm

isnt this, like, your second post on carb-ups?

why don't you do a poll?

oh.

hahaha

j/k bro. I'm messin' around cuz I'm bored at work

on the real, tho, from what i've been reading from ur posts, you're taking a sh*tload of carbs during those meals. You sure you aren't having enough?

the doc
02-20-2002, 10:14 PM
monstar, Take this approach

start carbing up over the last part of the day. one meal or three, it doesn't matter in the overall hormonal picture. If you want to be real anal, you could take the approach lyle mcdonald talks about for ckd loading. High GI (80-100g ) at first with creatine/glutamine/whey isolate (20 g) then meals of lower gi with some fiber and protein (say meat or lowfat cheese/milk).

Marcel
02-20-2002, 10:21 PM
Monstar - don't feel retarded for asking questions! How the heck do you think all these people know so much?!? I mean sure they read text books etc. but interaction I think is key. Ask watever the funk you feel like!

I think you should do this....Eat as many complex carbs as you feel comfortable with the first and second meal. But write down how much you ate and how you felt the next day. That way you can take in more or less depending on how you feel.

irish mike
02-21-2002, 04:33 AM
its pretty easy to get 200 carbs in a meal but i know after low carbs you tend to get bloated with you carb up meals.maybe drink some fruit juice.

02-21-2002, 08:45 AM
monstar what he is referring there is to the NHE bodybuilding plan which calls for 2 carbloads of 100g+ each. On the NHE cutting plan its 1 carbload of 60g+ or 2 carbloads of 30g+.

MonStar1023
02-21-2002, 09:18 AM
Yeah I know what you guys are saying. As a matter of fact I am just going to go with what I talked about already, just simply having 2 controlled carb-up meals. That way I get a taste of some low-fat ice-cream that will hopefully blunt my cravings, and also go for optimal glycogen replenishment.

MonStar1023
02-21-2002, 06:39 PM
My first meal is going to end up being around 300g of carbs and my second is around 100g.

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-22-2002, 08:37 AM
are your glycogen stores gonna be depeleted enough to warrant that many carbs?

Marcel
02-22-2002, 12:57 PM
His leptin levels will appreciate it ;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-22-2002, 01:57 PM
Not over two meals they won't.

I reckon he'll spill over and do more harm than good.

Marcel
02-22-2002, 04:48 PM
Chicken - yea i was just being a lil sarcastic...you know with all this talk about leptin. Damn thaz a lot of carbs though your right...maybe he should reduce them eh? He's a big dude though.

MonStar1023
02-22-2002, 08:48 PM
I just ate my carb-up meals and the totals are in my journal. Both combined came out to around 1900 calories and like 365g of carbs or something like that.

:eek::eek:

Well see what happens. I feel fine though. Not really bloated or anything like that haha. I only weigh 205 lbs. Used to weight 235...

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Marcel
Chicken - yea i was just being a lil sarcastic...

I know you were :)