PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea !!!

Validus
03-22-2007, 04:56 AM
Ok I don't know who else drinks this stuff but I have only recently discovered it and I don't know if it's possible to fall in love with a drink but I think I have. Right now I'm on the tail end of an all nighter, gotta love those 14 pg papers, anywhey I've been sipping away at Green Tea all night long and I'm feeling great. I mean about as great as you can feel at the end of a 12 hour study session but hey I'm awake enough to type so thats a pluss. Just curious does anybody know aside from the numerous other benefits of Green Tea is there cafeen in there somewhere? Or have I just been drinking a placebo and not known it? Thanks for all replies :read: Got to finish my paper!

JPW
03-22-2007, 06:42 PM
i love green tea also its great i go through a gallon every two days

ValleyFR
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
i love green tea, i believe the stuff in it helps you loose weight as well...

RedSpikeyThing
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM
When I drink tea, it's my choice. Usually it's coffee for me though.

louisl288
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm a green tea fanatic and yes it is loaded with caffeine. I depending on what kind you are drinking (brand, home brewed, bottles, etc.) the caffeine amount could be much more than coffee.

If your not brewing your own tea from loose leaves already I highly suggest that you start.

WestsideWarrior
03-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Green tea has ECGC in it, which boosts your metabolism

ValleyFR
03-22-2007, 09:06 PM
ah....i usually get the arizona green tea off the counters.

pmpimpalot01
03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
ah....i usually get the arizona green tea off the counters.

mmmm.....arizona green tea:drooling:

xlerate9
03-23-2007, 07:14 AM
How much sugar and other garbage is in the store bought stuff though? I've often thought of getting some... but I figured it was loaded up with sugar and would defeat the purpose. Thoughts?

Tsuki No Neko
03-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Arizona Green Tea DOES have sugar in it, though as far as I know, that's the only extra stuff in it, unless you get flavored stuff. It's good, but that's probably because of the sugar. :P

Most green tea in bags SHOULD be just leaves, and good to go. At least, I've never encountered a green tea bag that had sugar in it. Of course though, as someone else suggested, brewing your own leaves is the best way to make tea. Not to mention the tastiest. If you have a Teavana store near you, I suggest you check it out, because their tea is amazing quality and they sell this great little brewer.

Tea is great though, not just green tea. :)

Validus
03-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm a green tea fanatic and yes it is loaded with caffeine. I depending on what kind you are drinking (brand, home brewed, bottles, etc.) the caffeine amount could be much more than coffee.

If your not brewing your own tea from loose leaves already I highly suggest that you start.

see i use the green tea bags to brew mine. Is there another way? If so are loose green tea leaves easy to find at any grocery store? And if so how do I brew the tea with them? Thanks

louisl288
03-23-2007, 02:22 PM
see i use the green tea bags to brew mine. Is there another way? If so are loose green tea leaves easy to find at any grocery store? And if so how do I brew the tea with them? Thanks

Yes, there is another way (the best way).

Green Tea leaves (good ones) are hard to find at stores unless you have a specialty store or something. I order big orders off of this site www.englishteastore.com . I but "gunpowder pearl" loose tea leaves.

You brew it buy boiling water in a tea KETTLE, taking the boiling water off of the stove for 1 minute (to cool off the water some because the leaves are delicate), putting one teaspoon of loose leaves per cup you want in an "infuser," putting the infuser filled with loose leaves in a tea POT, and letting it steep for 2-4 minutes (i do three-personal preference). Then take the infuser out and enjoy with some lemon and Splenda and/or honey if you wish.

This is the best way to get the best quality tea.

Mad Martigan
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I buy the Celestial Seasonings green teas. I fill my coffee maker up to "2" cups(that prolly means about 12 ounces). Then I put two tea bags in my coffee pot and let her rip. I let it steep in the pot for however long I want and just pour it straight into my cup with some Natrataste.

Validus
03-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey great relplies!!!! Thanks a lot for the advice on the real tea leaves louisl I'll try and get a hold of those, I think I know a store that might sell them.

xlerate9
03-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Arizona Green Tea DOES have sugar in it, though as far as I know, that's the only extra stuff in it, unless you get flavored stuff. It's good, but that's probably because of the sugar. :P

Most green tea in bags SHOULD be just leaves, and good to go. At least, I've never encountered a green tea bag that had sugar in it. Of course though, as someone else suggested, brewing your own leaves is the best way to make tea. Not to mention the tastiest. If you have a Teavana store near you, I suggest you check it out, because their tea is amazing quality and they sell this great little brewer.

Tea is great though, not just green tea. :)

I got Arizona diet green tea yesterday and noticed they use splenda. It def didn't taste as good either.

Does anyone know the best "bottle brand"?

Mark!
03-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I tried some Green Tea drinks and gotta tell you, I can't drink that stuff much...lol. I started using a green tea pill, which is great because it's a lot easier to pop a pill or two a few times a day then sit and drink a glass of tea for me.

Tsuki No Neko
03-28-2007, 03:05 AM
I got Arizona diet green tea yesterday and noticed they use splenda. It def didn't taste as good either.

Does anyone know the best "bottle brand"?

Yea, the diet stuff is sugar-free. Always is, always will be. :3

Honestly, I like the Arizona best I think. But I still prefer fresh.

Roddy
03-28-2007, 04:40 AM
you ****ers should try white tea.. its even better for you :D its ****in true! :birthday: