PDA

View Full Version : Cross fit ?

humidityhater
03-22-2007, 03:28 PM
I guess I am missing something with crossfit. Where are the routines? Or is that just it ...there are no routines?

Do I just pick a WOD and go at it? I read the crossfit sites intro and faq's but I am still unsure of where to start.

All I need is a link to some good reading.

Thanks

HH

Chubrock
03-22-2007, 03:43 PM
The WODs are just one way to implement the principles behind Crossfit. They are not the only way. There is a definite method behind the madness so to speak, so in order to develop your own WOD, you need to understand why things are set up like they are.

humidityhater
03-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Got a link to getting a cross fit routine started...I couldn;'t find one on their site.

Thanks

Anthony
03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
They hide it in the middle of the front page.

Crazy. I know.

ericg
03-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Got a link to getting a cross fit routine started...I couldn;'t find one on their site.

Thanks

go to their main page, notice the WOD (workout of the day). do it just like it is written out, though depending on what shape you are in you may have to scale it down a bit. post your time under the comments section for that WOD (located at the bottom of the WOD info titled "comments"). come back again tomorrow and do it all over again. there is a message board that you can poke around in if you have any questions about the WOD or anything. enjoy.

humidityhater
03-23-2007, 07:56 AM
They hide it in the middle of the front page.

Crazy. I know.

I found the WOD...my question was more about how to get a routine started. Or is that just it...do the WOD everyday?

Anthony
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I found the WOD...my question was more about how to get a routine started. Or is that just it...do the WOD everyday?

You got it! They follow a 3 on 1 off pattern. Check the site, do what it says, rinse, repeat.

Once you get comfortable with how things work, you can start to tweak based on your strengths/weaknesses/goals/sport ... but starting out it's just easier to follow the example they post on the front page.

Good luck. :)

humidityhater
03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks...I am really excited about crossfit. The hardest part of training for me is going to the gym and doing the same old routine over and over.

This will get me outside and keep me interested...if it doesn't kill me first.

humidityhater
03-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Good ? ^^

Mike G
03-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh no, not this again.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77899&highlight=crossfit

Previous thread about a similar topic.

benny
03-23-2007, 07:11 PM
i've done wbb1, bgb on my own basically before the bgb article came out, ws4sb, along with various other things over the years, and crossfit for the last 3.5 months.

i've gotten stronger and bigger from crossfit than the others.

to the op, go to www.crossfit.com and do what it says on the main page, then post your results to comments. once you find out you can't always do the workouts as rx'd day in and day out, go here (http://forum.brandxmartialarts.com/viewforum.php?f=16) and scale as needed.

Mike G
03-24-2007, 07:35 AM
i've done wbb1, bgb on my own basically before the bgb article came out, ws4sb, along with various other things over the years, and crossfit for the last 3.5 months.

i've gotten stronger and bigger from crossfit than the others.

to the op, go to www.crossfit.com and do what it says on the main page, then post your results to comments. once you find out you can't always do the workouts as rx'd day in and day out, go here (http://forum.brandxmartialarts.com/viewforum.php?f=16) and scale as needed.

Are you only doing the WOD? Or do you add some other lifting in? Thanks.

benny
03-24-2007, 08:12 AM
only wod. on days when i have extra time i practice overhead squats, cleans, and the lifts i suck at.