PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with a unhuman appetite?

Stumprrp
03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
This is just random based on my REDICULOUS appetite!!!

For instance, today, for dinner, i had 1/2 of a full egg omlete, a big thick italian style one thats like 1 inch thick and 12 inches in diameter, i had one half in a sandwich and the other on the side, then i was still hungry so i warmed up some leftover chicken marsalla and ate all of that too, a full dish.

2 hours after this, i was STARVING and went to subway, got a footlong double turkey with the works, and a bottle of water.

2 hours later, right now, I AM STARVING!!!

WTF!!! haha, its almost silly! its even worse on training days, i havent been lifting all week.

not to mention i had other meals today.

is anyone else like this???

Built
03-22-2007, 11:00 PM
At your age, my middle name was "um, are you gonna finish that?". I was 5'8" tall and weighed 117 lbs soaking wet.

I still can eat like a horse.

Sadly.

Stumprrp
03-22-2007, 11:07 PM
its all good built, people are intimidated thats for sure! haha, i love going out to eat and ordering enough food for 12 people. its how us powerlifters roll, lol.

tommyboy can back me up on that, drew too.

TommyBoy
03-22-2007, 11:41 PM
its how us powerlifters roll, lol.
Damn straight my fellow brother in power!

tommyboy can back me up on that
Ok, here it goes. Here's a brief synopsis of the evening in the life of a powerlifter (notice how I said evening, not day).

I finish work, I'm hungry...and I gotta go get my girlfriend because it's wednesday and wednesday means I'm whipped and I gotta spend time with her.....also, one of my non-lifting days of the week. So I pick her up, "I'm hungry baby!" What do you want to eat? She says whatever, so I roll into Boston Pizza. I order a large BBQ Chicken pizza, and she orders some small healthy thing. I eat the entire pizza, along with 6 diet pepsi's, and half of her healthy thing. Then we go to the movies. (I'm cheap so I buy a bunch of pop from the dollar store earlier in the day) I bring the pop in the movies, and buy 2 large popcorns with lot's of butter. I eat my large popcorn, and 3/4 of hers....I drink 3 out of 4 pop bottles. Movie is over, I drop off my lady. I'm driving home, and realize...what am I gonna eat for lunch tomorrow??? So I stop at Subway and get a double meat pizza sub for tomorrows lunch....and...what the hell, a double meat pizza sub for right now...cuz I'm hungry. I also get a diet pepsi with this. I eat it, then start driving home. I stop for gas at Chevron, I go inside, get a bag of doritos and a medium slurpee. I eat this at home, then go to bed and sleep great.

Jeffreyk
03-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Damn straight my fellow brother in power!

Ok, here it goes. Here's a brief synopsis of the evening in the life of a powerlifter (notice how I said evening, not day).

I finish work, I'm hungry...and I gotta go get my girlfriend because it's wednesday and wednesday means I'm whipped and I gotta spend time with her.....also, one of my non-lifting days of the week. So I pick her up, "I'm hungry baby!" What do you want to eat? She says whatever, so I roll into Boston Pizza. I order a large BBQ Chicken pizza, and she orders some small healthy thing. I eat the entire pizza, along with 6 diet pepsi's, and half of her healthy thing. Then we go to the movies. (I'm cheap so I buy a bunch of pop from the dollar store earlier in the day) I bring the pop in the movies, and buy 2 large popcorns with lot's of butter. I eat my large popcorn, and 3/4 of hers....I drink 3 out of 4 pop bottles. Movie is over, I drop off my lady. I'm driving home, and realize...what am I gonna eat for lunch tomorrow??? So I stop at Subway and get a double meat pizza sub for tomorrows lunch....and...what the hell, a double meat pizza sub for right now...cuz I'm hungry. I also get a diet pepsi with this. I eat it, then start driving home. I stop for gas at Chevron, I go inside, get a bag of doritos and a medium slurpee. I eat this at home, then go to bed and sleep great.

fat???

ShockBoxer
03-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Strong.

Jeffreyk
03-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Body Fat: 17

ShockBoxer
03-23-2007, 06:53 AM
That's pretty damned good. Military likes you at 20 so you don't starve or get weak the moment someone takes your precious 3500 calories a day away. Ever cover 50 miles in a training day with only one packet of rations?

Cirino83
03-23-2007, 07:27 AM

For instance, today, for dinner, i had 1/2 of a full egg omlete, a big thick italian style one thats like 1 inch thick and 12 inches in diameter, i had one half in a sandwich and the other on the side, then i was still hungry so i warmed up some leftover chicken marsalla and ate all of that too, a full dish.

mmmmmmmmm chicken marsala :drooling:

Beast
03-23-2007, 09:05 AM
6 diet pepsi's
I drink 3 out of 4 pop bottles
I also get a diet pepsi
medium slurpee
Damn, I'm surprised your stomach isn't totally eroded from all of that nasty soda!

TommyBoy
03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
To be honest, I'll binge like that at the very most once per week. I usually eat fairly clean. For the record, not that it matters to me...because I'm a powerlifter...but incase anyone was curious, I had a company physical examination in September and my bodyfat was 18% @ 310lbs bodyweight. So yeah i talk a lot about eating doritos and pizza, but when it comes down to it, I'm not only aiming to get strong, I'm aiming to get healthy overall as well. The majority of what I eat is egg whites and chicken breast. But I love eating crap as well!!:burger:

Jeffreyk
03-23-2007, 11:45 AM
pics???

Optimum08
03-23-2007, 05:31 PM
healhty is good. but its always nice to throw in some junky food in there every once in a while. chicken fingers for teh win. they are one of my guilty pleasures.

03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
absoutly im ALWAYS hungry!!!!! always i mena always when ever were traveing my faminly has learend when ever were around food were gonna HAVE to stop and get me somthing

which really really sucks right now since im cutting no full stomach for me ever!

bill
03-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I hate eating around new people because I get embarrassed as to how much I eat in front of them. Once they know me a little, if I don't eat a lot there always asking is something wrong, do you want some of my food. lol

bigmoney
03-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I live to eat and it seems like I eat something every 30 min at least. Everytime i go to the cafe I have 2 huge trays of food....you should see the looks i get from pizza and burger eaters

time to eat agian woo!

p.s. I hope I never have to cut because I dont think I could survive

Clifford Gillmore
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah. I eat alot, if work wasn't part of my day I'd probally eat alot more. Operating on about 5 hours sleep, I have zero appetite supression - I have to eat to stay awake.

Clifford Gillmore
03-23-2007, 08:57 PM
do you want some of my food. lol

Can I have some of your friends lol!?

Unholy
03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
My appetite sucks. Recently i've been pretty satisfied with 1300 cals a day. And I am a big boy.

Jeffreyk
03-24-2007, 07:17 AM
My appetite sucks. Recently i've been pretty satisfied with 1300 cals a day. And I am a big boy.

no gains with that diret......heck, my 1st meal is 1k.....

bill
03-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Can I have some of your friends lol!?

It's quite funny, at work sometimes there would be catered food. I get encouraged to go back for extra's. :burger:

cphafner
03-24-2007, 08:13 AM

2 hours after this, i was STARVING and went to subway, got a footlong double turkey with the works, and a bottle of water.

2 hours later, right now, I AM STARVING!!!

WTF!!! haha, its almost silly! its even worse on training days, i havent been lifting all week.

not to mention i had other meals today.

is anyone else like this???

When I first moved in with my roommates they would joke that I was the only person that would eat a steak and potato and then an hour later top it off with a bacon cheeseburger.

Thursday I had eaten 2 pbj's, and then my roommate was like you want dinner. I told him I had just eaten, so he said "so thats a yes". I wound spitting a footlong cheesesteak and meatball sub.

Unfortunatly I don't really have a good appetite, and a fast metabolism. Those aren't a good combo.

Unholy
03-24-2007, 09:00 AM
no gains with that diret......heck, my 1st meal is 1k.....

:windup:

Stumprrp
03-24-2007, 09:15 AM
glad im not really the only one

Unreal
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Been eating like crazy here in Mexico. Had a huge platter of fish and shrimp for lunch. Had a huge steak/potato/salad for dinner with desert. Woke up and just had a mexican breakfast buffet. Ate 3 tamales, enchiladas, machaca, beans, 3 donuts, fresh tortillas, and some fruit. This is why I use to weigh over 300lbs and was a walking tub or lard. I still have the same appetite as my former fat self, just I don't let him out that often.

SFTS
03-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm reading this right before lunch....excellent

Nosaj
03-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I have to force myself to eat. But it's a job I love doing, so I suck it up and get it done. Eating 5-6+k calories a day when you're happy with 3k does suck tho sometimes, I wish I had a Bob-like hunger, it would make eating a lot more enjoyable. I eat 100% clean tho, chicken/baked potatoes or yams/cottage chese/milk/whey, etc. No crap.

Davidelmo
03-24-2007, 07:26 PM
I have no appetite whatsoever.

I can honestly say that I could go from waking up at 9am until 5 or 6pm without ever actually feeling hungry. I might feel tired and lacking energy, but I don't feel *hungry.*

Built
03-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Davidelmo I hate you with a passion you can only dream of.

<sigh>

Cutting sucks. <fumes>

getfit
03-24-2007, 07:43 PM
My appetite is off the roof, I need to eat something every 2-3 hrs.I've been so ill this winter gotta catch up!

Joshua Davis
03-24-2007, 07:57 PM
true story...

I used to train with a teen strongman that has since went to powerlifting, but his capacity for food was completely insane.

The kid was around 6' 3" and at the heaviest I ever knew him, 270lbs.

One day after training we went down to the local breakfast diner for some post workout chow. The waitress came up to take our drink orders and without cracking a menu, he looked up at her and said

"Lemme get 12 scrambles with cheese, a bowl of grits, a fruit cup, two orders of whole wheat toast, and two glasses of milk"

She almost fainted... then asked him if he was joking. Once he confirmed, she looked over to me, what do I say?

"I'll have what he's having, but only 10 eggs and dry rye toast... I'm on a diet"

Built
03-25-2007, 02:49 AM
Roflmfao!

mikesbytes
03-25-2007, 03:34 AM
My appetite is huge and matches my huge energy expenditure - see training log.

Fine to have a huge appetite as long as you put those calories to work.

ddegroff
03-25-2007, 02:15 PM
I lift so I can eat tons of food. lol

I love food, mmm.

You arn't the only one Stump!

Davidelmo
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Davidelmo I hate you with a passion you can only dream of.

<sigh>

Cutting sucks. <fumes>

I would gladly trade my super-fast metabolism. Having to eat 4000+ to bulk is a complete pain in the ass and I don't enjoy feeling stuffed, sick and tired all of the time. In fact my gains have slowed a lot recently mostly through my inability to eat enough.. it's VERY annoying because the solution is so simple - "eat more." But in practice it's pretty hard :(

RedSpikeyThing
03-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I would gladly trade my super-fast metabolism. Having to eat 4000+ to bulk is a complete pain in the ass and I don't enjoy feeling stuffed, sick and tired all of the time. In fact my gains have slowed a lot recently mostly through my inability to eat enough.. it's VERY annoying because the solution is so simple - "eat more." But in practice it's pretty hard :(

I am 100% with you. I bulk on 3500-3750 and would be satisfied with 2000. I guess the "easy" solution would be to eat 2k like normal and then drink a 1500 calorie shake, but **** those things sit like a brick.

WORLD
03-26-2007, 11:41 AM
I am 100% with you. I bulk on 3500-3750 and would be satisfied with 2000. I guess the "easy" solution would be to eat 2k like normal and then drink a 1500 calorie shake, but **** those things sit like a brick.

I feel your pain buddy.

I eat so much I make people around me sick. Really, you should see the confusion on their faces when we all go out for a huge dinner somewhere, and a half hour later I'm complaining "IM STAAARVING!" and proceed to digging into another meal.

2PACMAN2
03-26-2007, 02:19 PM
OHHHH HELL YEAH!! i eat 2000k+ meals then get hungry an hour later, it does get to a point where its just rediculous but you do what ya gotta do, especially when it feels like your insides are on fire!

the most ive ate in a day was definately this - i had pb + j sandwiches all day long, a loafs worth, that was 5500k+, my breakfast was 5 eggs + half a pint milk, tin of spag, 3 rounds of bread, i had two 1000k+ serious mass shakes each with 2 scoops whey protein added in 1 pint milk + 2 other meals, one of which was a huge amount of corn beef hash, the other was a mass amount of pasta an 3 servings turkey + i had 4 packets of high monos crisp

sometimes ill literally train all day long, ill get up at 7am, go to work to lift an carry odd objects without any real break till 6pm, then its off to the gym, train till it shuts, go home, cook a couple meals, sleep - FOOD IS GOOD

Smooth23
03-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I can already tell this is going to be a problem with me getting big. For one I don't really have an appetite since I lost 40 lbs, then I work 10 hrs a day so that expends alot, but I never feel like eating much at work. I figure I'm lucky to get in 2000 calories a day. I wont touch shakes though, they make me ill.

Rock Steady
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm with you RST. Thankfully, drinking milk when I used to drink water gives me the extra 1500 cals I need. (Calm down everyone, I still drink water too.)

Have you done a cut before? I'm hoping my 'can live without it' attitude towards food will help me on the cut I'm starting in a couple of weeks.

Mark!
03-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I used to eat all the time, but realized I was just fat, and not strong or anything of the sort, about 2 months ago I stopped eating all the time, started eating probably 1/4 of what I used to eat, and honestly the hunger pains sucked dried monkey balls(Not that I know what thats like...) But yeah, it sucked. I tried some hunger suppressors and such, even some Ephedrine, and after about 3 weeks of that, the hunger pain went away. I eat probably 4 times a day, very small portions, I still feel a bit hungry, but I never feel bad because of it, and they don't last long. I've dropped about 30 pounds in a month and a half and this, and feel a lot better. My target is 300LBS, still got a ways to go, but I'll be there.

RedSpikeyThing
03-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm with you RST. Thankfully, drinking milk when I used to drink water gives me the extra 1500 cals I need. (Calm down everyone, I still drink water too.)

Have you done a cut before? I'm hoping my 'can live without it' attitude towards food will help me on the cut I'm starting in a couple of weeks.

I would like to drink that much milk, but I don't think my budget would allow that right now :(

And no, I haven't done a cut. I kind of want to just to see if I have the will power lol I'd probably start bitching about how hungry I am and rant about how easy bulking is ;)