PDA

View Full Version : Cutting: My Nitrean Based Diet Outline

jamrock
03-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Not sure of I should add or remove something.. I'll probably only include the 11PM meal on work out days (mon/wed/fri)..

This is the first mostly liquid diet I put together, any suggestion is appreciated..

You guys recommend any other supplements? Not sure of a multi (which one), and an EC stack is going to help.

Mr. D
03-23-2007, 10:21 AM
What are your current stats?Looks like you got veggies and fish oil covered. How long you runnning this PSMF for?

Mik
03-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Looks good to me. I ran something very similar and got great results. Good luck! I didn't take any EC btw.

jamrock
03-23-2007, 10:33 AM
What are your current stats?Looks like you got veggies and fish oil covered. How long you runnning this PSMF for?

I'm male, 25, 6'0, and 220lbs in the 21%. I'll probably do this as long as I can stomach it, at the very least 2 weeks, get off, then back on. I am really trying to stay on a full month, 2 weeks off, then do another month.

It's not really a PSMF since I have a bit of carbs and unnecessary fat. I bought, read, and executed the PSMF based on Lyle's books - brought me down from 260 to 215, been at 220 for 6 months or so now. I started at 305lbs..

Mik
03-23-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm male, 25, 6'0, and 220lbs in the 21%. I'll probably do this as long as I can stomach it, at the very least 2 weeks, get off, then back on. I am really trying to stay on a full month, 2 weeks off, then do another month.

It's not really a PSMF since I have a bit of carbs and unnecessary fat. I bought, read, and executed the PSMF based on Lyle's books - brought me down from 260 to 215, been at 220 for 6 months or so now. I started at 305lbs..

I did it in 2-3 week cycles with refeeds at lower bf levels or when I seemed to plateau.

greekboy80
03-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Not sure of I should add or remove something.. I'll probably only include the 11PM meal on work out days (mon/wed/fri)..

This is the first mostly liquid diet I put together, any suggestion is appreciated..

You guys recommend any other supplements? Not sure of a multi (which one), and an EC stack is going to help.

Looks good, Not sure if you need THAT much protein, but it looks good. It looks similar to the velosity diet which i am finishing up right now, one day left(dropped 15 lbs. in 4 weeks). I havent lost any stregth either. Highly recomend it for startign a cut. I am now switching over to more of a low carb(high carb around workouts) but with solid foods, type of diet to continue the cut.

My advice, you need to count the cals in the fish oils, I looked at yours and I estimate that you've missed about 100 fat cals by not couting them...But keep them! You could actually add a few more, I was taking about 20-25 a day.

Also, might want to replace some of the milk in a few of those shakes and add a post workout shake of dex or malto.

Get some fiber tabs made by Fiber Choice. They taste great and are much better than that crappy psyllium husk(gels in liquid). That is if psyllium bothers you. But honestly, the fiber choice tabs taste liek candy. 0 calories, 4grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber.

Levantar
03-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I thought a PSMF diet was a high protein starvation type diet? At a weight of 220 would 2764 calories be considered starvation?

danisleet
03-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Lots of protien, let us know on the results and how hard it is to eat only 2764 cals at your weight =x

Unholy
03-23-2007, 08:19 PM
I donno what the big deal is. I average 1300 cals a day at 250lbs for 4 weeks now.

greekboy80
03-26-2007, 07:38 AM
^ Yeah, now that i notice he's eating 2700(estimate) I think that probalby too high. I think he's wants to be under 2000.

I had been on about 1900 lifting days and about 1600 on non lifting days.

Final weigh in, 4 weeks dieting and a loss of 15 Lbs. Not any loss in strength. Now on to a more normal diet.

McIrish
03-26-2007, 08:46 AM

Unless I read that wrong, he has one cup of broccoli per day. How does that remotely cover even the minimal requirement for veggies? :scratch:

Par58
03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Im currently a freshmen in college and have not lifted since the summer before school started. Dorm food sucks, besides a selection of veggies, and was wondering if something similar to this would be good for someone really overweight, im 5 11 260lbs, probably 30%+ BF. I would probably take in fewer calories though

ddegroff
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I thought a PSMF diet was a high protein starvation type diet? At a weight of 220 would 2764 calories be considered starvation?

His diet isn't even close to psmf.

OP: 2764cals seems like a good starting point. I would up the fats a bit tho, atleast .5g/lb of lbm.

jamrock
03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Get some fiber tabs made by Fiber Choice. They taste great and are much better than that crappy psyllium husk(gels in liquid). That is if psyllium bothers you. But honestly, the fiber choice tabs taste liek candy. 0 calories, 4grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber.

Thanks, I think I will.

Im currently a freshmen in college and have not lifted since the summer before school started. Dorm food sucks, besides a selection of veggies, and was wondering if something similar to this would be good for someone really overweight, im 5 11 260lbs, probably 30%+ BF. I would probably take in fewer calories though

Apart from not getting many nutrients from the lack of veggies this is pretty complete on macros, just cut out a shake or two and work from there. At the very least hit the gym 3x a week, some sort of full body work out like the "Starting Strength" routines. This is not a PSMF, nor a low-carb diet. My main goal was to hit 400g of protein and meet my daily healthy fat requirements and deliver them to my stomach as fast as possible. Make dieting for me easier.. Not losing fast enough? Cut out a shake, but never breakfast, pre/post-wo, nor the last one before bed.

His diet isn't even close to psmf.

OP: 2764cals seems like a good starting point. I would up the fats a bit tho, atleast .5g/lb of lbm.

ddegroff, did you calculate the Fish Oil caps? Their nutritional value is not part of the totals, I overlooked adding them.

I'm trying to find SuperGreens locally, if I do I'll probably also use On brand protein for the sake of convenience.. There is a GNC everywhere here. I think it has a carb or two more per serving..

ddegroff
03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
You have ~173lbs of LBM, so you should be eating atleast 90g of fat per day. I don't think your taking 30 fish oil pills.

I would just add some more fat, won't hurt you any.