PDA

View Full Version : my back

zen
03-25-2007, 10:46 AM
One of the reasons I have been trying to cut (I am down to 205 from nearly 230) is because I really want to see more topography on my back.

I think I have a decent spread, but I am not happy at all with the level of development around the lower traps/rhomboid area. I feel that deadlifts help me in that area, but what else can I do?

Criticism?

HeavyBomber
03-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Not bad. Flare your arms out more with your hands toward the front of your waist and get your head up. FLEX your lats hard.

Are you doing bent over BB rows?

Davidelmo
03-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Looks pretty good to me.

I've heard a good one is to lie face down on an incline bench and do dumbell shrugs in that position - that is supposed to work your lower traps. I've never tried them though so let us know how it goes if you do try them.

zen
03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanx.
BTW, I don't do shrugs. You may notice, my traps are long and have no curve or bulge to them.
I could be wrong, but I have always felt that if I ever needed to add mass to my traps, I could, on demand.
I really feel like losing more weight would expose the individual muscular characteristics in my back, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this.

Bohizzle
03-25-2007, 11:02 PM
losing bf will always bring out definition. However, if u just want to make it bigger, deadlifts rows of different sorts and cleans helped my back a lot. And yeah, looking big man!

Andrew