PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift critique

Mike G
03-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Wondering how my form looks. Video is dark, so you have to watch it in full screen. Any help is greatly appreciated:thumbup: I am mostly concerned with my back. This isn't a max attempt or really even close, but I want to make sure I have my form somewhat down. If a different angle is needed I will take another vid next deadlift session.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBlpHE_fTI

WestsideWarrior
03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
At 00:17, you see that little hump just before your head? If you could, straighten that out a little bit. And I don't think your suppose to arch back that far when you get to the top of the lift...but everyone is different.

Detard
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
no need to lock it out as far as you do. form looks good but its kinda hard to tell from the dark lighting. Your hips are comming up slightly earlier than everything else but its alot smoother than alot of other guys.

Bohizzle
03-25-2007, 10:59 PM
looked pretty good to me. u should take a vid closer to max, as that is when form will deteriorate and that's when u want to make sure everything is ok. when it's like everybody's form should be at least half decent.

Andrew

Clifford Gillmore
03-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Hips rising a little too fast, thats about it.

Mike G
03-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks guys. I will take a vid when I max in a few weeks and post it. I knew I overpulled at the top. I will figure something out for lighting for the next vid too. Thanks again.

Warrior- if you're talking right before my head, that is just my shirt bunched up and my traps from the side. If you are talking lower, that's my spine and I don't think I can straighten that too much more. Let me know if you are seeing something different than I am.