PDA

View Full Version : How much water do you drink a day?

JPW
03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
I know i dont drink the recommended 1 gallon of water everyday how many of you guys/girls drink gallon or more a day? im gonna start trying to put down a gallon or more a day not including other drinks i may drink during the day

Phenom
03-25-2007, 07:42 PM
my liquid for the day usually consists of:
12 cups of water
4 cups of milk
2.5 cups of gatorade

getfit
03-25-2007, 07:45 PM
i drink water from the time i get up until i go to bed.I always have a bottle on me.

WestsideWarrior
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
1.2 Gal (165oz) a day of water. (11 oz every hour starting 7am, last at 9pm)
3 cups a day of milk.

Gettin' Big
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
i drink about a gallon a day

ddegroff
03-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't really count. All I drink is water/milk. It works out to be about a gallon a day.

Unholy
03-25-2007, 08:34 PM
at least 1 gallon of water a day
3-4 cups of milk.
1-2 20oz diet cokes or sprites

WestsideWarrior
03-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I try to avoid soda, even if its diet. Diet soda still produces carbonation which is bad and plus soda does have certain things that dehydrate you. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I drink 2 1.5L water bottles, and a gallon of water, then whatever I drink at meal times/ between classes. So I'd venture to say around 2 gallons.

MOP

TommyBoy
03-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I drink 4-6 litres per day. 6-8 litres in the summertime.

Warrior10
03-26-2007, 12:07 AM
I drink it throughout the day but I could stand to drink more.

You can never get enough water.

Phenom
03-26-2007, 12:44 AM
I try to avoid soda, even if its diet. Diet soda still produces carbonation which is bad and plus soda does have certain things that dehydrate you. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're drinking as much as Unholy, you don't need to worry about dehydration occuring from a couple diet sodas. The recommended amount of water is 8 cups (64 oz) daily for an average adult and 10 cups (80 oz) daily for people who exercise regularly. So as long as you're nearing the 16 cup range, a few diet sodas wont hurt.

Roddy
03-26-2007, 02:18 AM
alot! atleast 6-8 10oz glasses of straight water.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-26-2007, 02:58 AM
If you're drinking as much as Unholy, you don't need to worry about dehydration occuring from a couple diet sodas. The recommended amount of water is 8 cups (64 oz) daily for an average adult and 10 cups (80 oz) daily for people who exercise regularly. So as long as you're nearing the 16 cup range, a few diet sodas wont hurt.The latest info on that is 13 cups for the average male and 9 cups for the average female. I think the main point is just to drink plenty of water. Most Americans are under-hydrated. The importance of water cannot be emphasized enough. We are beings comprised of mostly water. Yay water!

Angler
03-26-2007, 08:02 AM
i drink water from the time i get up until i go to bed.I always have a bottle on me.

Ditto that. Well over a gal.

MasterOfPuppets
03-26-2007, 07:53 PM
You can never get enough water.

yes you can- hyponatremia. But I get what you mean. :p

MOP

D Breyer
03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I drink water all day.

bigmoney
03-26-2007, 09:22 PM
5 liters

Nosaj
03-27-2007, 05:56 PM
2 gallons

SpecialK
03-27-2007, 06:17 PM
I try to get at least 1 gallon. I definitely notice a difference in my workouts if I get less than that.

Shouji
03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
How do you manage to drink a gallon, let alone 2 gallons? Whenever I try, i'm having to use the bathroom every 10 minutes.

MasterOfPuppets
03-28-2007, 07:08 AM
How do you manage to drink a gallon, let alone 2 gallons? Whenever I try, i'm having to use the bathroom every 10 minutes.

Haha. You get used to it. :p

MOP

Alex.V
03-28-2007, 07:23 AM
1.2 Gal (165oz) a day of water. (11 oz every hour starting 7am, last at 9pm)
3 cups a day of milk.

OCD much?

Optimum08
03-28-2007, 08:43 AM
enough. i just drink it and don't really keep count.

WORLD
03-28-2007, 02:34 PM
As much as I can basically. Where ever I go I have a bottle of water. Wow, come to think about it, I haven't gone somewhere without my bottle of water in a long time.

2PACMAN2
03-28-2007, 03:11 PM
ill usually have 2 or 3 gallons, some days 4 if its real hot an im training a lot - most i ever had was 5 (40 pints)

im certain this was a very stupid idea, but i once chug'd 10 pints one after the other to see if i could, felt like i was about to die after that..what a moron

Rock Steady
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
1 gallon of milk, a few cups of water, and 2-3 protein shakes mixed with water.

I easily go to the men's room twice as much as anyone else in my office during the day. It gets old but it's been worth it.

Australian
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
We've got a big dry drought with less water and more dry and cracked and crusty dryness. I drink 3 little drops a day. That seems to get me by, apart from when I try to continue living. Maybe one day when our government stops being so ******ed and plants a few more trees that they ripped out I'll be able to drink more water. Till then we're on public water restrictions, so it's 3 drops a day, maybe 4 but don't tell anyone. :)

Guido
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Something interesting I found on the weightlifting discussion forum:

Coke vs. Water

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

ArchAngel777
03-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Something interesting I found on the weightlifting discussion forum:

Coke vs. Water

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

A lot of that is innacurate. Like most urban legends, they keep getting passed on and on and on... :D

Click Here to find out if the above is true. (http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp)

Alex.V
03-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Sorry mate:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

Plus, some of the water statements are myths, too.

Alex.V
03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
bitch, you beat me to it.

Coqui
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Minimum of 100 oz a day

Rock Steady
03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Related to this thread, concerning milk:

I just realized that the gallon of milk I'm drinking a day contains 80% of my daily value of sodium. My blood pressure has gone up in the past few months and I'm starting to see why.

Is there a lower sodium milk out there? Should I worry about this sodium?

DIADEM
03-29-2007, 01:43 PM
2 Gallons or more.

ArchAngel777
03-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Related to this thread, concerning milk:

I just realized that the gallon of milk I'm drinking a day contains 80% of my daily value of sodium. My blood pressure has gone up in the past few months and I'm starting to see why.

Is there a lower sodium milk out there? Should I worry about this sodium?

I have always been under the impression that sodium intake is overrated even when dealing with blood pressure. But...

Anyway, I personally would not worry about it unless you have some medical issue. I never watch my sodium intake. If I get 5 grams on day, I don't really care. Somedays I might not even get 2 grams. I think regulating things down to that level is quite anal, unless you have some dire medical condition.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I have always been under the impression that sodium intake is overrated even when dealing with blood pressure. But...It is overrated. And sodium can be quite beneficial when dealing with muscles.

I think regulating things down to that level is quite anal, unless you have some dire medical condition.If you were eating 20 grams a day, that might raise a concern, but unless you have a medical reason for lowering your sodium intake, a few grams a day won't kill you.

Rock Steady
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
I have always been under the impression that sodium intake is overrated even when dealing with blood pressure. But...

Anyway, I personally would not worry about it unless you have some medical issue. I never watch my sodium intake. If I get 5 grams on day, I don't really care. Somedays I might not even get 2 grams. I think regulating things down to that level is quite anal, unless you have some dire medical condition.

Thanks. Although I would think anal would be more along the lines of hitting 105% of my DV. Milk bumps me up by 80% every single day, in addition to everything else I'm eating!

I do feel better now. *Takes a sip of milk*

Les Paul
03-30-2007, 03:45 AM
some people on here i see putting down 3-4 gallons of water per day ...i somewhat want to question the validity of these statements. i work at UPS in a hot azz hub and i drink at most 2 gallons of water per day. 3-4 gallons wtf?

Guido
03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Sorry mate:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

Plus, some of the water statements are myths, too.Gotcha. Guess some things never die.