PDA

View Full Version : 60 inch box jump

Blitzforce
03-28-2007, 06:28 PM
60 inch box jump vid - proves strength work does help your hops :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZEto8WMcSE

stats from his trainer

Height 6'
Weight 170lbs
Squat 350lbs
Standing Vertical on Vertec: 40"

When he started:
Height 6'
Weigh. 155lbs
Squat 245lbs
Standing Vertical on Vertec: 27"

ValleyFR
03-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh...my.....now...i Want To See That Without A Running Start :d.

PhilsterT
03-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Fanmazing.

smokinHawk
03-29-2007, 06:26 AM
dang had me beat by about 3 inches.
though box jump was lower then his shoulders, mine was at level with my shoulders..

ericg
03-29-2007, 06:51 AM
dang had me beat by about 3 inches.
though box jump was lower then his shoulders, mine was at level with my shoulders..

They also state that he is 6' tall.

57" box jump for someone who is 5'8 is awesome Hawk :thumbup:

Blitzforce
03-29-2007, 09:22 PM
about his training -

Initially with Gray, we were doing rehab after he broke his fibula in a game. Then when he was actually able to perform some weight room work we did a one month block of basic strength. From there, we pretty much followed Kelly B's VJ bible. I did add EMS during several blocks and we performed a whole lot of visualization usually post-workout or on its own.

I believe the critical aspects of his training came through monitoring his CNS intensive sessions and resting him when I felt he needed it. Many may be familiar with the notion that 48 hrs is considered the "minimum" rest break between high intensity workouts. Like many aspects in training, this is highly individual and you must keep in mind everything that is on an athletes plate. In Gray's case, we took as much time as I felt he needed to come back and perform at the appropriate level. There is no exact answer here. This is something that has taken me 15 + years to become proficient at and is the art of good coaching.

Basketball players are notorious for playing ball day after day and for hours upon hours. Gray was no different! During intensive training blocks, I limited the number of actual games he could play per week and allowed for a some skills sessions depending on time, recovery etc.

I can think of one statement I've heard by a few great coaches who influenced me in the past: "Do as much as necessary, not as much as possible"! Words to live by in this game my friends!

Levantar
03-30-2007, 12:11 AM
They also state that he is 6' tall.

57" box jump for someone who is 5'8 is awesome Hawk :thumbup:

Making it even more impressive is the fact that he did a 5'9" box jump (not 5'7") thus jumping an inch higher than his own height!:soapbox:

smokinHawk
03-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Making it even more impressive is the fact that he did a 5'9" box jump (not 5'7") thus jumping an inch higher than his own height!:soapbox:

who did a 5'9" ( or 69") box jump?

ericg
03-30-2007, 06:42 AM

yeah who did that?

i was talking about smokinhawks box jump that he stated a few posts back

aming37
03-31-2007, 09:52 PM

60 inches=5 feet because there are 12 inches in a foot. It's not that complicated

And ericg said "57 inches" not "5 feet 7 inches"