PDA

View Full Version : As Seen on TV...

Sensei
03-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Found this on another board. As the original poster stated "This is just screwy..."

http://www.mycorevolution.com/?page=success3

Unholy
03-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Expensive >.<

waynedang
03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
They should have Tony Little do the Infomercial:idea:

chris mason
03-28-2007, 08:13 PM
It is a home version of the reverse hyper. I say good for Louie, and I hope he makes a ton of money off of it!

Chris

Sensei
03-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Louie, but it's a little odd seeing him wearing anything but a Westside T and talking on an infomercial.

Mik
03-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Personally I can't see it selling. The average person who wants to buy a "get toned quick" piece of equipment won't see any benefit (it won't give you a 6 pack in 11 days) and the experienced lifter likely wouldn't purchase this for home. I could be wrong. For Louie's sake hopefully I am.

bill
03-29-2007, 03:32 PM
wish it wasn't so expensive maybe the gym will add one

chris mason
03-29-2007, 05:53 PM
According to Louie they are selling quite well.

You have to understand that there are a HUGE number of people out there with back problems and this apparatus can help.

Chris

Clifford Gillmore
03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love Louie, but it's a little odd seeing him wearing anything but a Westside T and talking on an infomercial.

At least he didn't shave....

I'm in the process of building one of these, great fun.

bill
03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I printed it out and will see what my gym says. It's got to be better than 50% of the machines, bicep curl, HS side laterals ? all of that stuff

Clifford Gillmore
03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Why don't you suggest one of the pro models bill? They are around the 2k mark, but I'm sure most gyms could be persauded to see it as an investment.

WillKuenzel
03-30-2007, 08:29 AM
For only $500 its less than half what a regular one cost and for the majority of people would be a great benefit.

waynedang
03-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I printed it out and will see what my gym says. It's got to be better than 50% of the machines, bicep curl, HS side laterals ? all of that stuff

Not saying it's not well made but I doubt it would last long in a gym. I know the guys at my place would have it broken in a week. Gym equipment must be bomb proof. I think it would be fine for home use.

Bob
03-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah.. but do you think it's any good for us?? As in regular lifters? Perhaps cheapsake PL'ing WBB'ers? I mean if would allow some type of heavy resistance.. could we use it like his real version?
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=157&pid=48

Or only for the stay-at-home moms and recreational athletes?

Chris.. maybe you could ask Louie?

chris mason
03-31-2007, 05:51 AM
Yeah.. but do you think it's any good for us?? As in regular lifters? Perhaps cheapsake PL'ing WBB'ers? I mean if would allow some type of heavy resistance.. could we use it like his real version?

Or only for the stay-at-home moms and recreational athletes?

Chris.. maybe you could ask Louie?

I'll do just that and get back with you.

Chris

bill
03-31-2007, 07:25 AM
I will ask for the better built one. We have a small group of powerlifters, so with some support maybe they will go for it. All they can say is no, leave the equipment to me! Thanks guys

Guido
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
That thing just doesn't look that sturdy for $500. If it were me, I'd still go for the Pro version, even if it's almost 3 x as much, but I know it would last even with heavy weight on it:

chris mason
04-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok, they got back with me and the version in the informercial is for home use and would not be best for a strength athlete. If any of you are interested in purchasing the gym versions feel free to contact me and perhaps I can save you a bit of money.

You can also go to www.westside-barbell.com and order direct.

bigbadwolfe
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Talked to Lou and they are selling pretty good. I seen the infomercial about 3 weeks ago. I knew it was coming out, and I'll tell ya now for those who dont think it would sell. Think again, the fitness industry is a Multi BILLION dollar industry.

People will see it and go "WOW that will help my back" (Which it will) But then they will pay the 500 Bucks and it will sit in the corner of there house with some clothes hanging on it, or some books and never get used.

They will still complain about there back hurting and Lou will be sitting with there money happy as can be. It happens every day, a new product comes out and people jump all over it. I say Good for Lou, he has done tons for our sport and is willing to give any one free advice that is willing to listen to him. So now he gets his :)

chris mason
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I agree with Mike that Louie deserves it! I also agree that the product can and will help a LOT of people.

Chris