PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Chicken

mr_hand
02-21-2002, 12:47 PM
I just had a grilled chicken salad from this restaraunt, and I wanna know what kinda of chicken restaurants use? I never find any fat in them. When I buy my Perdue or whatever skinless, boneless breasts from the supermarket, there is so much fat, that by time I cut it all, a quarter of the breast is gone. Plus a lot of them always have that litte fat line that runs through the middle, and theres really no way to get at it, besides destroying it. Basically, does anyone know where these restaurants get their chicken from? Can you find stuff like that at the supermarket?

millertime
02-21-2002, 01:10 PM
Restaurants buy there chicken in bulk from a food supplier. The supplier would depend on the restaurant. I quess you could ask who suppiles them with there food.

The chief at the restaurant should cut away most of the fat. I think its just potluck that you don't get fatty chicken.

If you want really good chicken go to a butcher, and ask for the type of cut you want.

hemants
02-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Depends on the restaurant

http://www.wvec.com/news/local/mcchicken_head.htm

Budiak
02-21-2002, 02:12 PM
It could be chopped and formed. It does really depend on the restaraunt. Either way, its probably coated with butter to make it moist.

millertime
02-21-2002, 02:20 PM
price club(CASCO) has the best frozen chopped chicken. I don't know whats it's called but its in a purple bag. It is 96% fat free and has no flavor, so you can cook it with any thing.

Budiak
02-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Yeah kinda like Tofu but it wont make you girly and weak.

I buy the big bag of "Manor House" brand skinless breasts at safeway, its a 5 lb bag for 10 bucks, sometimes you can get them on sale for 7. Either way they're good, and big.