PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a bit of reassurance

Questor
03-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I like to stay lean, and after a few months of enjoyably bulking, I'd gotten to wear my pants were tight and I was scoring about 18% bf, which is a little high for me. I want to be about 15%.

So I decide to ease off a few %.

Every night I measure myself on a bia scale. I keep running averages.

My maint is 2800. I start eating 2400-2500. Last week, my bf averages were at 16% and my weight averages at 160.

This last Sunday I had a good workout, and ate above average, perhaps 2600.

Monday and Tuesday my diet crashed a bit down to 2100 (I maintained about 170g protein). Tuesday I worked out lightly and accidentally doubled my dose of creatine.

Wednesday and Thursday my diet was back to normal. Lifted heavy last night. Both Wed and Thursday my bf was WAY up and my weight WAY down. I'm hitting 16.6-16.8% with weight from 157.8-158.8.

My lbm averages for this week have tanked, like almost two lbs off.

If I were reading this post from someone else, I'd say don't worry about it. You didn't loose 2 lbs lbm in 2 days.

But I don't have that clinical detachment with myself.

What do you think?

Paul Stagg
03-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Dont worry about it. :)

Bodyfat scales are notoriously inaccurate. I wouldn't ignore the measurement, but keep to what you are doing and see what it says next week.

Along with the scale, are you taking any girth measurements? That's typically what I've done, and foud that using those was pretty effective at measuring progress.

Questor
03-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi Paul ;)

I take girth measurements about once a month, and of course, that's what I can do, I can go take my measurements and compare them. I flat out didn't think of that. LOL.

If it was a snake it would have bit me.

PWNT.

ddegroff
03-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Sounds like your using a BIA for the BF%. Seeing how your getting numbers all over the board.

Take your own advice and just focus on your diet. It seems like it's all over the place.

Also try to weigh yourself once per week. That way the day to day weight changes don't play with you psychologically.

Questor
03-31-2007, 08:49 AM
No doubt about the psychological games the scale can play.

And you're right, my diet is going through a bit of upheaval right now. I'm upping the focus on it.

Lastly, I took measurements. I measure leg, hip, waist, forearm, upper arm, and blood pressure. :)

Since Marrch 18th: Leg and forearm have grown. Hip and waist have shrunk. Upper arm lost a shred, maybe, or is the same. Blood pressure up a bit, but that's probably the kids.

I don't measure my torso tho.

Thanks everyone!