PDA

View Full Version : Start of Bill Star 5x5 Program...

DavidVega86
03-30-2007, 11:15 AM
These are some pics that me and my roommate took cause we wanted to see if there would be any difference at the end of my routine with the Bill Star 5x5 program.

Anyway, here they are...

DavidVega86
03-30-2007, 11:16 AM
One more...

tdotteg
03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
cool, now eat lots! lift heavy and rest. Good luck :thumbup:

Detard
03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Really lean. Keep eating a ton and lifting hard. What are your goals like? Give some more stats and info so we can give some better responses. 5x5 is an awesome routine. I used it for about 4 months in the past and I made really good gains on it. Good luck man!

DavidVega86
03-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Well right now, I weigh 154 at 6' tall. I've been working out off and on for the since last summer and believe it or not I started out at 135 lol Now, I'm trying my goal is to get up 170 or so by the end of the summer, which I think is totally do-able with hard work and dedication.

As for eating more, I've been trying to eat as much as I can and just started taking some creatine and protein shakes (Muscle Milk, it tastes really good btw). Anyway, that's about where I stand on everything...

Mik
03-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I agree with detard. Lift heavy and eat hard. When you feel full eat more. 170 is def. doable.

Rock Steady
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
If you read the boards, work hard, and eat harder, you'll be well past a lean 170 by the end of summer. Start thinking 180.

I used to be almost the exact same size as you. You should measure your legs, chest, waist, arms, etc ASAP so you can see the rewards of your progress beyond the scale and the mirror. Not that the those two aren't rewarding!

Get to it!

PoutineEh
03-30-2007, 03:49 PM
this should work out really nice for you, just as long as you eat like a maniac. really use those first few weeks before you hit your current 5x5 PR to get your form down too.

DavidVega86
03-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I just got back from GNC. I picked up a bottle of GNC brand "Weight Gainer 2200 Gold" for just $18.49! If any of you know what it is, it's basically 2200 cals plus 50 grams of protein, but the catch is it only lasts 5 days. I think I'm going to start it next week and go Monday through Friday. Hopefully this will help me get a good start!

PoutineEh
03-30-2007, 09:04 PM
a tip, gnc is a rip off. even when they do gold card, you can still look online for things that will be cheaper.
its a little non-intutitive, but things that say "weight gainer" dont have something magical in them to make you gain weight. you can gain just as much from eating whole foods. plus, weight gainers say they have 1000 cals, but then you have to do 8 scoops...
take advantage of natural peanut butter. it tastes great, is packed with calories, and is cheap.
just view a calorie as a calorie. doesnt matter how you get it. so just get a lot of them, ~1g protein/lb bodyweight, and eat moderately clean

edit: i cant spell calory ;)

tdotteg
03-31-2007, 08:22 AM
I just got back from GNC. I picked up a bottle of GNC brand "Weight Gainer 2200 Gold" for just $18.49! If any of you know what it is, it's basically 2200 cals plus 50 grams of protein, but the catch is it only lasts 5 days. I think I'm going to start it next week and go Monday through Friday. Hopefully this will help me get a good start!

check the recipe's section. you'll find tons of weight gainer shake recipes that will be way better not to mention will taste better.

Jorge Sanchez
03-31-2007, 12:32 PM
check the recipe's section. you'll find tons of weight gainer shake recipes that will be way better not to mention will taste better.

:withstupi

If you make your own it will be better for you too.

DavidVega86
03-31-2007, 06:04 PM

That's a good thing to know, but as for now - I'm living a dorm and it's hard to keep items necessary as I don't actually have a mini fridge or anything. Next semester I'll be moving into my own place and I definitely plan on trying out making some of my own shakes.

Levantar
03-31-2007, 06:17 PM
5x5 kicks ass! I did the routine for 12 weeks and was scared before every workout (cause I knew it was gonna work my butt off).

PoutineEh
03-31-2007, 07:03 PM
week 10 deadlift for me tomorrow
AHHHHH!