PDA

View Full Version : CPU Nationals

deeder
03-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I lifted today at my first National powerlifting competition. I was REALLY disappointed with the squat and bench but fairly happy with my deadlift.

Around xmas I was about 187lbs and I competed today in the 75kg weight class (165lbs). The weight loss, especially the last few kilos really killed me. My squat suffered so bad that I dropped my opener 20kg and got flagged on my second and third squats. Bench wasn't the greatest either because I was in a ****ty mindframe but I managed to pull myself together for the dead.

Here's what I managed:
Squat - 155kg -- Like I said, ****ing brutal. No energy, even less strength.
Bench - 105kg -- Ugh...
Dead - 215kg -- Pulled this in the gym about a week ago, glad I was able to hit it again considering how poorly everything else had gone. I would have liked to try for 220kg but 205 felt pretty heavy.

All in all, I'm really disappointed but I guess I'll take it as a learning experience. I'll be getting into some equipment over the summer and hopefully I'll blast away all my previous PR's at provincials in the fall.

Sidior
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Bummer about the meet man, but it's awesome you even made it to them. You plan on staying in the lower weight class or putting some weight on again?

TommyBoy
03-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Thats ok Deeder, we all have days like those. I'm assuming the judging was top notch as always.

Sleepy Guy
03-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear that. Going from 187 to 165 is a big drop.

What did the others post in that class?

deeder
03-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Bummer about the meet man, but it's awesome you even made it to them. You plan on staying in the lower weight class or putting some weight on again?

I want to get back up to the 82.5kg class but not be so fat this time. Clean bulk over the summer then probably a wee little cut before provincials.

Thats ok Deeder, we all have days like those. I'm assuming the judging was top notch as always.

Haha yeah it was :p It wasn't too bad in the morning when I lifted... They were really picky about the squats though. A couple guys bombed out. I got called on my second for depth and third I got a call from one of the side judges that my knee wasn't locked out (even though I'm sure it was!!!) and I don't know what the head judge called me for.

You're right though, the judging was a ****ing joke in the afternoon. I swear the one guy looked like he was falling asleep!

Sorry to hear that. Going from 187 to 165 is a big drop.

What did the others post in that class?

One guy bombed out on the squats... I'm not sure what the other guy totalled... But I'm sure it was well over 600.

Paul Stagg
03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
It's a learning experience. Most don't even put it on the platform. You did.

Your next goal: Total more than this one.

deeder
03-31-2007, 07:10 PM
It's a learning experience. Most don't even put it on the platform. You did.

Your next goal: Total more than this one.

Yeah, and I'm just glad I didn't bomb out on the squats! I think 3 guys did in my flight alone!

I've already totalled more than this. I'm gonna aim for ATLEAST 500+ total in November. Considering I should be decent in gear by then I think 575 might even be reasonable. Who knows. We'll see how it goes over the summer!

Stumprrp
03-31-2007, 10:22 PM
precisely, it was a learning experience, you gave it your best, nothing more to ask! next time own it up.

Bob
04-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Head up man!!! That was a lot of weight you lost... and the first time for a competition.. it's tough to learn how to keep your strength.

Congrats on the DL PR..
Keep training hard and heavy for Nov.. you WILL be stronger!!

TommyBoy
04-01-2007, 06:32 PM
You're right though, the judging was a ****ing joke in the afternoon. I swear the one guy looked like he was falling asleep!

Welcome to the CPU!!!!:nod: