PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate their turbo shaker?

danman
03-31-2007, 04:35 PM
After ending up with my shake all over me, twice, I've abandoned my turbo shaker. The cap is way to hard to get off. Nothing worse then being covered in a cold oatmeal filled milk at 5a.m.

Unholy
03-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Thats what you get for using straps on your deadlifts.

HahnB
03-31-2007, 05:54 PM
If the cap came off any easier you'd be complaining that it came of while you were shaking it...

Little John
03-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Hold the shaker down on a table with one hand and rip off the lid with the other. Holding it down will prevent any further possible injury to either you or the bottle. :)

danman
03-31-2007, 06:12 PM
Probably true HahnB.

Tease all you want Unholy but when it's full of liquid it doesnt come off gracefully enough to not fly everywhere :P

chris mason
03-31-2007, 06:42 PM
?

I use mine every day. It is really not that hard...

danman
03-31-2007, 07:40 PM
I dunno then maybe I use it wrong. Now I just use it as a cup lol

Little John
03-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes, maybe you do. :)

Clifford Gillmore
03-31-2007, 08:24 PM
You need to hold the lid on these guys, especially when cleaning! Its a solid shaker, no need to bash :)

deeder
03-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Turbo Shaker? Sounds crazy... Linky?

danman
03-31-2007, 08:51 PM
atlarge gives em to you when you spend more then 60 bucks was it?

deeder
03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
atlarge gives em to you when you spend more then 60 bucks was it?

Ah... I see... Hmmm.. You'd think I'd know that having been around here for so long. Sorry ATL! I swear if I had money I'd spend it on you guys!

danman
03-31-2007, 09:42 PM
You gotta get some ETS :P I had pain in my left elbow and wrist while working (labourer in a concrete plant) and it was gone less then a week after I started ETS. Luckily I had better luck with it then the shaker lol

DavyRen
04-01-2007, 12:05 PM
For me the ALN turbo shaker is fine, no problems at all.

VikingWarlord
04-01-2007, 12:49 PM
I, like a moron, forgot to hold the top on it and threw chocolate Nitrean all over the kitchen. The last thing I used for a shaker had a screw on lid. Didn't really think about that.

Chubrock
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I, like a moron, forgot to hold the top on it and threw chocolate Nitrean all over the kitchen. The last thing I used for a shaker had a screw on lid. Didn't really think about that.

No big deal. Just lick the nitrean up off the walls.

chris mason
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Lol, some of you! Actually, the lid is quite secure by itself, but I suppose if you shook hard enough and held it upside down without holding the lid you may have a problem.

Chris

VikingWarlord
04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Lol, some of you! Actually, the lid is quite secure by itself, but I suppose if you shook hard enough and held it upside down without holding the lid you may have a problem.

Chris

Yeah, the problem I had was shaking too hard. I just hold mine with two hands like a martini shaker and shake it like it like it owes me money...no issues now.

Roddy
04-01-2007, 08:14 PM
shake it like it like it owes me money...no issues now. I've done this to people with great results too! :D

Clifford Gillmore
04-02-2007, 08:12 AM

Chris

Some protein powders kind of fizz as well, so you this mild carbonated explosion! Its just dandy to do near drapes :)

deeder
04-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Some protein powders kind of fizz as well

Yeah... what's with that? Anyone know what causes this?

Alex.V
04-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah... what's with that? Anyone know what causes this?

Agitation causes the sodium bicarbonate (used as a preservative/buffer to stop the protein from denaturing when stored) to react with any acidic metals (which most household water has from old pipes). It can also happen through a reaction with the natural acids contained in milk). This reaction releases carbon dioxide. Hence, bubbles.

I actually just totally made that up. But it sounds good.

Rock Steady
04-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Agitation causes the sodium bicarbonate (used as a preservative/buffer to stop the protein from denaturing when stored) to react with any acidic metals (which most household water has from old pipes). It can also happen through a reaction with the natural acids contained in milk). This reaction releases carbon dioxide. Hence, bubbles.

Haha, that's awesome. I bought it.

Bohizzle
04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
lol :withstupi

ectx
04-02-2007, 11:03 AM

LMFAO...I was about to call BS...not because it doesn't sound feasible, but because it sounds like something you'ld say to mess with people.

smokinHawk
04-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Thats what you get for using straps on your deadlifts.

lol best line evar!:zipit:

nejar462
04-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I love my turbo shaker. If you don't yours send it to me.

I can always use more...

Barker
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Yea I like mine too. No problems.

PoutineEh
04-02-2007, 11:21 PM
yeah, i was cleaning mine today for the first time. i just had water in it, and i was squeezing the sides and shaking too hard and the top popped right off. atleast i made the mistake now before my powdered gatorade/dextrose mix is put in

theJamAbides
04-03-2007, 07:45 AM
I just got my Nitrean and Shaker yesterday. I forgot about expanding gases and used hot water and some soap to clean it and I thought I would just shake it. Well I couldn't hold it tight enough it burst open and all over the place. But I'll take the responsibility this time.... lol.

P.S. NITREAN KICKS ASS! (Strawberry)

n4rd0
04-03-2007, 06:40 PM
First time i tried mine i shook it with one hand and ended up with nitrene all over my kitchen. Definately keep a hand on the top of it. Oher than that it works great, very easy to clean too! :thumbup:

Angler
04-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Iím very new at this. Matter of fact my first protein drink ever was about a month ago. I was using a blender at first because I like the way it added air and foamed it up like a shake. But it was a pain in the ass to keep cleaning it 3 or so times a day. Wife went and bought me a Stainless Steel commercial bar shaker for like 25 bucks at a supply store. Itís perfect. I think the little holes in the top help to add air and make it into a better texture for lack of another word. I do put a finger over the top lib while shaking but have done it without also. No messes as of yet and it can go right in the dishwasher.

The Champion
04-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Sorry belial, but Milk is a basic substance

D Breyer
04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the club... I've gotten shake on me once or twice since I've gotten mine. I've learned to hold it down as I take off the lid, and to hold both ends of the shaker and shake it left/right instead of up/down. No more problems :D

Alex.V
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Sorry belial, but Milk is a basic substance

Actually, it's acidic.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~comm/lacf-phs.html

Alex.V
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
bitch.

Chubrock
04-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Haha I'm assuming the move went well Alex.

Alex.V
04-09-2007, 07:56 AM
It sucked, I can't feel my legs.

Clifford Gillmore
04-09-2007, 07:59 AM
bitch.

I get on the internet for moments like that.

Cirino83
04-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't undertsnad how people can not fgure out a shaker? I personally, with my turbo shaker shake it with one hand...pointer finger on lid...then open it with two hands and use the thumbs to pop the lid....

I know what your thinking and no I am not a rocket scientist.

Alex.V
04-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I know what your thinking and no I am not a rocket scientist.

I'd wager that's not what most people were thinking.

Cirino83
04-09-2007, 02:40 PM
[/SARCASM]

Although I am one of few who can successfully use the turbo shaker.

chris mason
04-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Lol, you are not one of the few, trust me.

I do agree that it isn't all that hard. I just hold the lid when I give it a few shakes and all is good.

Chris

KingJustin
04-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I wish the turbo shaker had a straw-type thing so that you don't have to take off the huge lid every time you want to use it.

chris mason
04-10-2007, 09:06 AM
I wish the turbo shaker had a straw-type thing so that you didn't have to take of the huge lid every time you want to use it.

Its simplicity of design is part of what makes it so great. More parts, more moving parts especially, compromises longetivity of the product. The Turbo Shaker has only 2 parts and mixes as good or better than anything out there. Its special coating makes it extremely easy to clean. For me, the benefits far outweigh the minor inconvenience of having to drink straight from the cup. I have tried MANY a shaker and found this to be the best overall product.

Anthony
04-10-2007, 09:11 AM
I have a few and they rock - mix great & easy to clean. My only complaint is the snap on lid - not safe for gym bags.

Alex.V
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I wish the turbo shaker had a straw-type thing so that you don't have to take off the huge lid every time you want to use it.

Hell no, those things get disgusting and busted after even a little use.

Noxon
04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
All it takes is one lazy day with the dishes and suddenly you are using a drill to bore the dried mix out of the damn straws... No thanks to straws!

Besides, more surfaces to contact = Less protein in belly.