PDA

View Full Version : buffalo chicken wrap

YoungHypnotiq
03-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Great great healthyfood. take a wholewheat wrap and put in a cooked chircken breast, some lettuce, ranch dressing, and hotsauce. ez to pack and ez to make. it tastes Delicous. BTW if you dont like spicy just takee out the hot sauce.

PeterParker
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
sounds good, will give it a try sometime

Roddy
04-01-2007, 05:59 PM
does sound good, i think i'd substitue the ranch for cottage cheese, toss in some tomato and tuna etc

zen
04-01-2007, 06:08 PM
if I am not mistaken, buffalo wing sauce is basically just tobasco and vinegar. I think there might be some other mundane ingredient like a dab of worcestershire, but the point is, if you skip the ranch, and you use a whole grain wrap, you got a quality eat, right there

VikingWarlord
04-01-2007, 08:26 PM
if I am not mistaken, buffalo wing sauce is basically just tobasco and vinegar. I think there might be some other mundane ingredient like a dab of worcestershire, but the point is, if you skip the ranch, and you use a whole grain wrap, you got a quality eat, right there

Good buffalo sauce is a little bit more complicated than that, but that'd work. Most of the recipes you see call for butter and pepper sauce...but I make one that's better than anything I've ever gotten from a store.

YoungHypnotiq
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
how do you make it?

Roddy
04-01-2007, 11:53 PM
yeah, do share!

Progress
04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Take Frank's Red Hot and mix it with butter. Heat it up and slap it on the meat after it's cooked. Voila!

EDIT: And if you think I'm kidding, look at my location. Essentially every restaurant that sells wings uses the same recipe. You just add more cayenne pepper to make the sauce hotter.

zen
04-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Okay, I made my post because I thought that (instead of using the franks that so many people use) you simulate it by using tobasco, vinegar, and cayenne (red) pepper. Then, you could cook that down with butter to get your wing sauce.
Dunno if that's true though.

Question: How does this taste with Olive Oil instead of butter? I'm guessing it could be a disaster, but I was wondering if anyone has tried. For one thing, I don't think olive oil will let you thicken the sauce down under heat the same as butter will, but for another, the taste could be obvious.

PeterParker
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Okay, I made my post because I thought that (instead of using the franks that so many people use) you simulate it by using tobasco, vinegar, and cayenne (red) pepper. Then, you could cook that down with butter to get your wing sauce.
Dunno if that's true though.

Question: How does this taste with Olive Oil instead of butter? I'm guessing it could be a disaster, but I was wondering if anyone has tried. For one thing, I don't think olive oil will let you thicken the sauce down under heat the same as butter will, but for another, the taste could be obvious.

you could add some flour ( very little amount ) to thicken up the sauce .:drooling:

zen
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
you could add some flour ( very little amount ) to thicken up the sauce .:drooling:

yeah, or maybe corn starch, but that would not give a good consistency.
I'm just trying to think up a good way to homebrew some buffalo sauce for an even healthier wrap.