PDA

View Full Version : be4 the gym....???

dankduke
02-21-2002, 02:53 PM
what do you guys take./eat before you go to the gym anytihng nothing whats up.??? just curious see what everyones doing and getting good results with...thnks dandukes...

CBates
02-21-2002, 03:06 PM
I eat 1/2 (measured before cooking) cup of oatmeal and some protein (turkey, tuna, eggs, or whey protein mixed w/ oatmeal, and 1 cup of milk. Try to take this an hour or so before workout, and then take Ripped Fuel about 15-20 minutes before workout. Getting great results so far doing this.

Slim Schaedle
02-21-2002, 03:12 PM
Check out "Quick Food ? " in the diet forums. Also, this question belongs in Diet and Nutrition:)

fatsoPanda
02-21-2002, 04:24 PM
Since I work out in the morning, I usually eat something light. A bowl of oatmeal, a bannana, or cereal. I just can't eat too much before i workout otherwise i feel like throwing up. After my workout is when I try to eat alot. Protein and carbs. EAT EAT EAT to gain mass

big calvin
02-21-2002, 05:57 PM
nothing... workout in the morning on a emty stomach. if i would have something it would be skim milk. i think its one of the best pre workout drinks.

Garza
02-22-2002, 01:44 PM
I can't imagine working out on no food. Maybe so If i popped about 3 or 4 ripped fuels, but not just on nothing.

plornive
02-22-2002, 02:48 PM
I workout in the afternoon. I eat a meal every 2.5 hours. I simply eat a low GI moderate protein meal about 1.5 hours before working out. I can't feel it digesting by the time I begin the workout. Slight hunger pangs during a workout are not necessarily bad. I drink my shake right after my workout.

If I workout too early in the morning, I may have just some whey protein. I like to workout on an empty-feeling stomach. I am stronger that way. Besides, taking carbs before or during a workout doesn't help your glycogen level, which is what is most important to have a good workout.

David
02-24-2002, 04:43 PM
If eating less than one hour before exercising, choose a small snack, such as half a bagel, one slive of toast with jam, or a glass of skim or low-fat milk.

If eating one to two hourse before exercising, choose a liquid meal to provide calories in an easily digestible form. Liquids leave the stomach sooner than solids. A fruit-and-yogurt smoothie with a little cereal or wheat germ added should be enough.

If eating two to three hours before exercising, choose a small meal, such as a small bowl of cereal with low-fat milk, toast with jam, and juice.

If eating three to four hours before exercising, choose a larger meal, consisting of foods that have a low G-I, such a bowl of hearty bean soup with RyKrisp crackers, skim or low-fat milk, and an orange.