PDA

View Full Version : About calorie intake in my personal situation

idrumtomuch
04-01-2007, 08:30 PM
I am 149 lbs 5'10 obviously not an easy gainer.

I am in college and I never eat breakfast, I play basketball mostly every day and am doing WBB1.

Now I have been able to maintain this weight for a long time with little to no fluctuation.

So my question is, if I were to start drinking like a 1000 calorie shake for breakfast that I was reading about on the diet board would that be what I need to start gaining some weight?

Would adding a 2nd shake after work out or something do it.

I know i know I know eat sleep rest , just answer my question.

Kiaran
04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
It might do it. It might not. You're going to have to find out just how much it takes. Let's put it this way: it's not going to hurt you (provided it's not paint thinner). Try it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

idrumtomuch
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Is my logic correct though?

I am sustaining my weight with-out eating until noon mostly every day so therefore anything added before noon would help or am I missing some physics to it?

Kiaran
04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
There is a sort of caloric "window" that one can fall into where they may not gain any weight. If you can push your caloric intake outside that window, then yes, you will gain weight: guaranteed.

RichMcGuire
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Of course you will start gaining weight. Youre maintaining 149 lbs doing whatever youre doing now..so adding +1000 calories will add weight. Its simple but true.

Roddy
04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
yeah dude, thats how i got myself going... used to be a buck-30ish... never ate breakfast. Started drinking milk every morning... then it became a shake... then a shake and a quick bowl of oatmeal.... now i eat a full breakfast... couldnt do it any other way.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

So yeah your 1,000 cal shake will help.

Kiaran
04-01-2007, 09:50 PM
If I don't get breakfast, my entire ****ing day is ruined.

idrumtomuch
04-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Of course you will start gaining weight. Youre maintaining 149 lbs doing whatever youre doing now..so adding +1000 calories will add weight. Its simple but true.

Cool, good to know. My logic has failed me in just about every other instance than in this one.

Thanks!

Guido
04-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Try this, too:

www.fitday.com

idrumtomuch
04-02-2007, 09:10 AM
I am trying to avoid taking time out of my already busy day to write down everything and stuff.

I am a dedicated lifter hoping the added calories will do what I want.

I'm not lazy, its just not my life like it is most of yours -- not there is anything wrong with that.

-Superman-
04-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I am trying to avoid taking time out of my already busy day to write down everything and stuff.

I am a dedicated lifter hoping the added calories will do what I want.

I'm not lazy, its just not my life like it is most of yours -- not there is anything wrong with that.

Check out my journal. I was just like you except 2 inches taller. I consumed things on a whole new level in order to gain weight. :)