PDA

View Full Version : 4lb weight gain in 3 days

Dizzee
04-02-2007, 09:31 AM
It seems like a lot to me, I didn't have the best weekend in dieting terms but I didn't think I would gain 3-4lb I am a bit gutted but I suppose I have myself to blame.

I had 6 cans of lager on friday night.

Saturday I ate;

3 shredded wheat biscuits with semi skimmed milk for breakfast
Ham salad sandwich (brown bread) with super noodles
sweet chilli chicken burger with fries no drink(BK)

I drank 1/2 litre of vodka with diet coke and had 2 cans and one bottle of fosters

Sunday I ate

Chicken steak and 2 hot and spicy pork chops
Special in tomato sauce (chinese)
had a ribena with plenty of water

On a side note I also drugs on saturday night and drank plenty of water whilst high, I only got 2 hours sleep between saturday/sunday if that has any bearing on it. I realise this diet is not ideal but wouldn't think it would put 4lb on me tbh. Will any of it be water weight or something similar as it seems a lot.

Oh I forgot to add I have been constipated too.

Mr. D
04-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Water weight.

Unholy
04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Ive gained 20lbs in 2 days. l2eat.

Dizzee
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
really 20lb?

Unholy
04-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Yea man. Just think about it. If you eat a solid meal and have a few cups of water with it thats a solid 5+lbs. You should stop worrying about your weight on a day to day basis. Weigh yourself 2 x a week at the same time in the morning after you take a leak. Ive had my weight go up and down as much as 10lbs a day around holiday times. And yes "weigh" gain of 20lbs is normal on a carb cycling diet like UD 2.0 or PSMF. I remember Littlejake on here gaining something like 26lbs in 2 days only to lose it over the following 3. Moral of the story is. Stop stressing.

dabaugh
04-02-2007, 11:26 AM
heh, i had the same problem.
booze=bad weight.

(hard to stay away from in college)

Unholy
04-02-2007, 11:31 AM
alcohol is actually a diuretic.

Dizzee
04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
What does diuretic mean?? Yeah I am pretty young and none of me or my friends have no commitents so pretty hard to stay off the booze on a weekend especially after a hard week. As i've said before try to drink vodka but went to the rugby where only pints were sold.

Unholy
04-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Diuretic means it makes you shed water. Your prolly holding water from eating salty food. Half a liter of vodka is a lot of calories. Alcohol has 7calories per gram 1/2 liter of vodka is about half a kilo. Thats like 3000 calories + from vodka alone.

Dizzee
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM
When I checked on a nutrional site it said 1/2 Litre of vodka held 457 calories that's why I bought it because I thought that is not too bad 1 or 2 days a week if I eat less cals through foods on those days.

Unholy
04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
So your gonna eat less food your body needs to build/repair so you can down half a bottle of vodka 1-2 times a week. Just stick to the refeer mate. =)

RedSpikeyThing
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
When I checked on a nutrional site it said 1/2 Litre of vodka held 457 calories that's why I bought it because I thought that is not too bad 1 or 2 days a week if I eat less cals through foods on those days.

Don't try to justify the cals in liquor. Limit yourself to boozing once per week. When you do drink, forget about dieting and have a good time. Or smoke. But then you'll probably just eat more anyways.

dabaugh
04-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Don't try to justify the cals in liquor. Limit yourself to boozing once per week. When you do drink, forget about dieting and have a good time. Or smoke. But then you'll probably just eat more anyways.

dude, i just smoked for the first time over this spring break......i ate like 3 double double's at in&out burger, and a lot of other stuff....not bad but i wont do it again

Rock Steady
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Diuretic means it makes you shed water. Your prolly holding water from eating salty food. Half a liter of vodka is a lot of calories. Alcohol has 7calories per gram 1/2 liter of vodka is about half a kilo. Thats like 3000 calories + from vodka alone.

Depends on the potency on the alcohol I would think. Most vodka is 80 proof, so only 40% of this (can't remember if it's by weight or volume) is alcohol and the rest is water. Your point remains though - it's a lot of calories!

Dizzee
04-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Panic over, when I weighed myself before I was the lightest I have been since I started going back the gym. I really should stop weighing myself. I am in a bit of financial difficulty at the moment, meaning I will be having an enforced break from alcohol.