PDA

View Full Version : Diet check me please.

donnie165
04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
This was my diet today and give or take what i've been doing lately. Though it is not perfect you should of seen what I ate before I got lifting. Some info of me i'm 6"3 285 and trying to lose fat gain muscle but not really bulking or cutting. Working on my newbie gains. Anways,

Breakfast
Milk
cereal bar

lunch
Turkey and cheese sandwich on whole weat bread
bottle of water
2 100 calorie snack packs

Also drank alot of water during the day not going to include it all

Before lifting had a power bar

After lifting protein shake

Dinner roasted chicken like rotiserie (spelling?) chicken with slight ketchup little bit of mashed potatos and milk.

Little diet ice tea after and contemplating another protein bar.

04-02-2007, 04:34 PM
true not prefect but ill take your word for it that its better then before

you might want to try entering what you eat into fitday to see exaclty how many calories you are eatiing and what you nee dot work on

also sugar free jello only has 10 calories per serving just to let u know

donnie165
04-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I see what else would you change about it. Also I have great commitment but fitday to me is just to much of a pain in the ass.

04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
lol i agree completly i dont use it but i have my diet in check

more protein

specifically meal one and 3

what kind of power bar you eatiing?

donnie165
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
it varies from 11g prot to 23g protein ones. Can you tell me some good breakfast foods i can have fast i'm normally in a rush. Also am I eating to much? I need to lose fat.

seK
04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I see what else would you change about it. Also I have great commitment but fitday to me is just to much of a pain in the ass.

Giving advice on a forum is also a pain in the ass sometimes but what helps is when you have people that care enough to provide you with the information required to make an educated comment or suggestion.
If your not willing to help youself why would anyone else want too?

:windup:

donnie165
04-02-2007, 04:55 PM
It has nothing to do with that. I understand you questioning my lack of commitment but I speak the truth. Also I understand it is the perfect advice and I thank them for it. I just don't have that kind of discipline at 16 even though I wish I did.

04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
no i dont think you are eating to much at all but the best way to tell if if you are making progress weigh yourself once a week not daily if you lose a pound or more your good if you gain your eatiing to much or not exercising enough pretty self explanatory

for breakfast im guessing your not a morning person and neither am i so what i do is make stuff at night
such as hard boiled eggs (dont eat all the yokes when trying to lose)
or i also make protein pancakes with
oats and protein powder a lil water vanilla cinnamon and splenda
or oats and egg whites cinnamon vanilla and splenda

just mix em together and cookem like pancake

watch the sugars and carbs in the power bars

McIrish
04-02-2007, 11:57 PM
:withstupi

Yeah, powerbars are just sugar-delivery vehicles. Look on the side - usually they're something like 30-40g of useless sugar. Make your own if you must have a bar. I recommend a slight variation of HahnB's "awesome protein brownie" in this forum's recipe section.

Zoolander
04-09-2007, 01:31 AM
You breakfast is your main downfall matey. To start the day you need a breakfast with a good dose of complex carbs in my opinion.

Here is something I usually have

Steel cut oats
100g blueberries
Seed and nut mix
a little honey or stevia
scoop of protein powder

another no no IMO is the cheese for lunch. Do you have cheese everyday? If no try and keep this to a minmum.

Zoolander
04-09-2007, 01:33 AM
Do you take any supplements? because with all the protein and breakfasts bars you are taking, you're probably missing out on a lot of vital nutrients that you would get from whole foods. Supplements are a good to cover you bases if you absolutely have to go the quick fix bar.

I'm guessing you are a busy man, hence the the bar choice