PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my fitday...

xlerate9
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I've never done this before... so I thought I'd see what the gurus say about what I'm eating.

I'm 200 lbs. My current goal is 190 by June 21. I'm 23, 5'11". I'm kinda muscular and pretty active. My maint. is right around 3000.

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/publicjournals.html?Owner=Rynamite&Year=2007&Month=3&Day=2

Don't hold back... let me know what you really think.

Thanks a lot!

Mr. D
04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Diet looks pretty good. You are going with a 17% reduction, which shouldnt be too high, but if you find you losing too much strength/muscle, then you might need to up the cals a little bit. Likewise, if you arent losing enough, then drop some cals.

Here are a few suggestions/comments I have:
1)Aim to get equal amounts of saturated,poly,and mono fat. In the even you cant, weigh it more towards the mono side. You are weighted more towards Poly.
2)That granola snack could probably be replaced, but if its fitting your macros overall and keeps you sane, then it really shouldnt be a problem.
3)How many grams of fiber are you getting? Aim to get at least 25g-30g a day.

xlerate9
04-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Diet looks pretty good. You are going with a 17% reduction, which shouldnt be too high, but if you find you losing too much strength/muscle, then you might need to up the cals a little bit. Likewise, if you arent losing enough, then drop some cals.

Here are a few suggestions/comments I have:
1)Aim to get equal amounts of saturated,poly,and mono fat. In the even you cant, weigh it more towards the mono side. You are weighted more towards Poly.
2)That granola snack could probably be replaced, but if its fitting your macros overall and keeps you sane, then it really shouldnt be a problem.
3)How many grams of fiber are you getting? Aim to get at least 25g-30g a day.

Good to know about the fats. I made some eggs this morning with EVOO... that gave me some more mono fats. The granola snack was for breakfast because I got up late and had to eat quick... this morning was scrambled eggs instead.

I only got 9 grams of fiber yesterday.... not near enough. What's the best thing to boost it without adding a lot of calories?

Thanks for the help!

Unreal
04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Brocolli and green fibrous veggies have alot of fiber and are low on cals. You can also get a fiber supplement if needed.

Mr. D
04-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Veggies,veggies and more Veggies.

Broccoli,spinach,cauliflower,jicama,mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, etc.

Avocados and nuts have good amount of fiber.

A serving of oatmeal will give you 4g of fiber.Whole grain breads usually have 3-4g of fiber a slice.

xlerate9
04-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Veggies,veggies and more Veggies.

Broccoli,spinach,cauliflower,jicama,mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, etc.

Avocados and nuts have good amount of fiber.

A serving of oatmeal will give you 4g of fiber.Whole grain breads usually have 3-4g of fiber a slice.

I love all that stuff... so that shouldn't be a problem. With that broccoli salad I had... you'd think there woulda been some more fiber.