PDA

View Full Version : TASTY Low-carb / Ketogenic Diet Foods..

MonStar1023
02-21-2002, 06:37 PM
Guys help me out with some low-carb high/mod-fat foods!! I am so sick of turkey, peanut butter, etc.

:help::help:

Bigmofo
02-21-2002, 07:33 PM
I am doing a CKD right now, try this for breakfast, doesnt taste as good as chocolate chip cookies ( damn I miss them!!!:mad: ) but its good for the days of high fat moderate protein. Cook with some oil 3 egg whites and three whole eggs, then melt some mild cheddar and spread it all over the eggs after they are done also add some cooked spam, I dont know if its because I am always starving at 6am but I feel it tastes damn good! Hope it helps

Qea
02-21-2002, 07:55 PM
http://home.cogeco.ca/~lwynne2/

check out w8lifter's site, she has some choco peanutbutter balls that is high fat/pro and low carb. Looks good too.

Telling you that I'm having a slice of oreo cake right now probably wouldn't help much, huh?

:evillaugh

codei
02-21-2002, 10:32 PM
protein bars if you can afford the damn things. one every so often is okay.. but the cravings that are CONSTANT on a cutting diet make them add up pretty fast.

Budiak
02-22-2002, 02:35 AM
Sugar free jello and whip friggin cream!

MonStar1023
02-22-2002, 05:14 AM
Budiak-
When you say whip cream do you mean sugar-free Redi-Whip or what? I never know what you mean.. the tub of whipped cream?

:confused::confused:

F*ck protein bars.. HOT WINGS are the sh*t but kinda expensive.

Paul Stagg
02-22-2002, 07:56 AM
Pork rinds.

Meat.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 08:04 AM
bump~

Anyone else know of any? I need to make a list.. so far I am putting filet mignon for my Foreman grill, heavy whipping cream, Equal, sugar-free jello, sugar-free whipped cream, bacon, sausage patties, eggs, cheese blocks, turkey breast, hot wings, anything else?

:help::help:

reso
02-23-2002, 09:13 AM
sausages man!!!!!!!!!!!

reso
02-23-2002, 09:13 AM
porkchops man!!!!!!!!!!

Budiak
02-23-2002, 10:36 AM
Get some heavy cream and whip it yourself, you pansy!
Ohh...you want somebody else to do all the whipping for you? THATS WHY YOU LOST THE WAR!

It all depends on your carb allowance.

Pup
02-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Get some shrimp, and sautee em in about 2-4tbs of olive oil, this tastes really good. Also, make a habit of putting heavy whipping cream in your protein shakes, it makes em taste so much better.

Maki Riddington
02-23-2002, 04:43 PM
MMMMMMM......... garlic pan fried prawns.

MonStar1023
02-23-2002, 10:16 PM
just_a_pup-
Man how much heavy whipping cream are you putting in your shakes? Because I have added 1 tbsp. or 2 and it hasnt made a difference AT ALL. I can barely taste it! Must be the glutamine peptides.

:(:(

TFXP-Zeke01
02-24-2002, 01:30 AM
What does "CKD" mean?

I have just started a low carb diet. Not anything like Atkins, but just lowering the carbs to around 100grams a day so I can still grow muscle and loose fat. I have been buying these milk chocolate "sugar free" candy bars(0 carbs) at GNC and they fill my sugar craving. I also munch on low carb bars if I have a sugar craving.

If you can find those sugar free(0 carbs) chocolate candy bars at GNC then give them a try. They are pretty good for what they are and will definitely take care of the craving.

MonStar1023
02-24-2002, 07:02 AM
A CKD is a Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. Bascially this type of diet is eating Atkin's (under 15-20g carbs per day) for around 5 days. Being sure to enter a ketogenic, carb deprived state, then usually on the weekends, you carb-load. Many people do a "depletion workout" immediately before the carb-load begins on Friday night / Saturday morning. Bascially you stuff your face on weekend with a ton of low-fat carb foods. (i.e. - rice cakes, yogurt, glucose polymers, etc.)

:cool::cool:

just_a_pup-
How much heavy whipping cream do you use? Do you use it with Equal too?

chrislehr
02-24-2002, 09:32 AM
For low carb foods, that you can ENJOY EATING.. Lobster, BEEF, hotdogs...

For snacks, Jellos seriously rocks. beef jerky (slim jims) cheese cubes... pepperoni (buy those pillow packs)

My hardest part of low carb was bevereages... no beer, no coke, no pepsi... So I have taken a liking to:

Snapple Diet Peach Iced Tea
Fresca
Diet Caf free Coke :-P

TFXP-Zeke01
02-24-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MonStar1023
A CKD is a Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. Bascially this type of diet is eating Atkin's (under 15-20g carbs per day) for around 5 days. Being sure to enter a ketogenic, carb deprived state, then usually on the weekends, you carb-load. Many people do a "depletion workout" immediately before the carb-load begins on Friday night / Saturday morning. Bascially you stuff your face on weekend with a ton of low-fat carb foods. (i.e. - rice cakes, yogurt, glucose polymers, etc.)

Thanks bro!!;) I normally eat around 100 grams of carbs a day. I didn't want to totally deplete my glycogen storage; yet I didn't want to over do it like I used to and gain weight. I'm trying to loose fat and lift and gain muscle at the same time. I know this will be hard, but I have to cut fat before Summer reaches. Has this diet being giving good results for fat loss/muscle&strength gain?

I'm 6'0 233 LB's and have just been back in the gym for about 2 weeks(from a 4 year lay off); and alread lost about 8 LB's(from the scale) on this low carb/high protein diet. I just might try and go for the CKD diet and see how that will affect my fat loss and strength/muscle gains.

SweatHawg
02-24-2002, 09:59 PM
Ground turkey burgers w/melted cheese--just the patties of course,no bread. I also take light cottage cheese & add about 1-2 tbs of picante or salsa to spice it up. It just is too damned flat & tasteless otherwise. I have tried adding sunflowerseeds,bacon bits & a lot of different combos but I like it with the salsa....looks pretty nasty though.
I eat tons of mozzarella cheese---made with skim milk & goes down good wrapped in a few slices of shaved turkey breast.
I miss the hellouta garlic bread with my steaks!

Pup
02-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Monstar, i use 2tbs, the idea is to thicken up the consistency of the shake and make it a lil creamier, if you have an overpowering flavor of protein, it won't make as much difference, but the whipping cream helps a lot in making the shake more filling.