PDA

View Full Version : Suppliments and my stomach

Stepinfetch
04-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with G.E.R.D. and Barrett's Esophagus. I havent taken any weight lifting supliments or weight lifted in the last year because of this and wanted to get back into it. I was wondering if there are any recommended supliments that are easy on the stomach if any.

Creatine doesnt go well with me, I regreat it the next day on the toilet. I love the product No-xplode despite the bad reviews because its gives me the pump and energy to lift. I tried adding oats and fiber to my shakes to stop diarea but it doesnt seem to work. Is there anything else? I get great benifits from Creatine containing products but they dont digest well.

If It comes down to it I wont take any suppliments or stick with whey. But if there are alternitives or "easy on the stomach" creatine that would be great. Thanks

Roddy
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
try Kre-Alkallyn (sp?) ..its a ph corrected Creatine pill.

Stepinfetch
04-04-2007, 03:06 PM
try Kre-Alkallyn (sp?) ..its a ph corrected Creatine pill.

Thanks, What does ph corrected mean?

malkore
04-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks, What does ph corrected mean?

who the hell knows. its all marketing fluff that NO scientists have ever proven.

CREATINE IS NOT MANDATORY. what's more important, your lifelong health, or trying to get a slight performance gain in your workouts?

if your doctor says creatine is ok, I'd start with creatine ethyl ester if you've never used it. it should have less stomach discomfort, less water bloat, etc.

'buffered' creatine sounds like a scam to me.

zen
04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm not personally familiar with your ailment, but I do recall reading that VitaminC from rosehips have been shown to improve healing and firmness of epidermis and mucous membrane, which is significant because it may actually help gastric ulcers improve, and I am wondering if it might help you out too.

Stepinfetch
04-07-2007, 11:54 AM
who the hell knows. its all marketing fluff that NO scientists have ever proven.

CREATINE IS NOT MANDATORY. what's more important, your lifelong health, or trying to get a slight performance gain in your workouts?

if your doctor says creatine is ok, I'd start with creatine ethyl ester if you've never used it. it should have less stomach discomfort, less water bloat, etc.

'buffered' creatine sounds like a scam to me.

I am going to talk to my doctor first, I talked to him before about it and he didnt seem concerned. The problem more lies on that my stomach just plain doesnt like creatine (like some other people on the boards) more than because of my GERD. Ill try out the ester hopefully it will work. If not then im happy with me and my good ol whey.