PDA

View Full Version : FitDay user question

Levantar
04-04-2007, 01:28 AM
To those of you that are now or have in the past used fitday. What are your opinions on their estimates of your "calories burned"? I feel like they are estimating to high but I'm not sure. I guess I will have to do a trial and error kind of thing to find out for sure. Has anyone else estimated their own maintainence calories and compared that number to the one extimated by fitday? Thanks

theJamAbides
04-04-2007, 07:55 AM
I think most everyone here ignores that aspect of the site and just uses it for calorie tracking in their food intake.

ddegroff
04-04-2007, 07:57 AM
^yup.

Those calculations seem way off, for everybody. Just use it to track your cals and determine your maintenance cals that way.

danisleet
04-04-2007, 05:48 PM
so i wasn't the only one who thought those numbers were a lil high :D

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes...ignore the calories burned aspect of the site. Just manipulate your own calories and find your own needs through trial and error. Not only will this be more accurate doing it on your own, but you will also learn a lot about your own body and how it is affected by what you eat. If you remain consistent with your activity level, it will become quite easy to tell exactly your what caloric needs are. But, as you add more LBM and your metabolism increases, your needs will change. Just stay consistent and stay dedicated.

Levantar
04-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I also was thinking they seemed a bit high. This is my first attempt at calorie tracking and just looking for some more experienced opinions.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Well the more you do it, the easier it gets. You'll learn what works best for you over time and it really is a great tool for bulking/cutting. I wouldn't be able to gain an ounce without tracking my cals because I have to eat at LEAST a certain amount of calories to gain, and I can't judge calories when it's a LOT of food. It's actually surprising sometimes how much I need to eat. It sucks when at the end of the day I still have an entire meal's worth of food to eat, lol. I have to force-feed myself. Bleh...

You'll become addicted to it. Give it time. ;)