PDA

View Full Version : 4-2 Circa Max Snatch & upper

MonsterMash
04-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Snatch w 20 lbs of chains, 90+Ch/1 x 2, 100+ch/1, 110+ch/1, 115+45lb of chain/1 (This was an easy Power Snatch)

DB Tricep Ext- 45/6x3
Rope Pushdowns- 80/10x3

Bicep work

Clap Pullups- 3x6
Rows- 205/8x3

I decided to do Snatch on my upper day because my shoulders were hurting from the upper body work, and it was affecting my Snatch. Now I do them on the same day, and it gives me three days to recover. This whole thing is a work in process.

JHarris
04-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Snatch w 20 lbs of chains, 90+Ch/1 x 2, 100+ch/1, 110+ch/1, 115+45lb of chain/1 (This was an easy Power Snatch)

Im just curious about this phenomenon that is popping up here and there around the US. I dont quite understand the point of using chains in Olympic lifts. I recognize that they are extremely useful in powerlifting, but it seems to me that you dont want to overload a portion of an olift more because you'd lose recruitment patterns and bar speed some. That's just my preliminary thought on the issue, and I'd like to know more.

But as I said, I admit that I dont know much about it, so I would like to hear your thoughts on the issue. I havent seen or heard of them used in OL'ing clubs, but that doesnt mean they dont necessarily have merit.

Jay

MonsterMash
04-05-2007, 02:21 PM
1. It doesn't slow down bar speed or you couldn't lock it out. 2. Chains are unstable, which we all know causes muscle recruitment and stability. 3. The increased weight teaches the lifter to increase spedd to accomodate the extra chains.

I hope this makes sense, and right now it is just an experiment, but so far the results speak for themselves.

JHarris
04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
1. It doesn't slow down bar speed or you couldn't lock it out. 2. Chains are unstable, which we all know causes muscle recruitment and stability. 3. The increased weight teaches the lifter to increase spedd to accomodate the extra chains.

I hope this makes sense, and right now it is just an experiment, but so far the results speak for themselves.

Its an interesting idea, and I hope you keep us up to date on it. Thanks for relating the thought process on it; I do appreciate it.

Jay