PDA

View Full Version : Quickest way to burn body fat?

T3hNick
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey I'm currently trying to burn some of my body fat off (preferably stomach and upper legs). I no theres no "spot reducing" exercises that can do this, but i was wondering what the best way to attack it is? I'm eating clean no junk, following, wbb1, and jogging 1-2 miles per day. Im 5'8 161.5 pds ~18-20%bf. Thanks for all suggestions =]!

Validus
04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
First off the words quick and fat loss just don't go together. There really is no instant way to get rid of those little extra patches of fat. So here's what you do. Discover what your maintainance callories are and reduce those by a few hundred. Than you lift consistantly every day a cutting routine is like any other routine always take your rest days. fitday.com is available for all of your food tracking needs. The maximum amount of weight that you could loose in one week, without loosing any muscle is 2 lbs, however to play it safe I would try and loose only about 1/1.5 lbs a week just too keep the muscle. I would also recommend setting up a journal to help keep you on track. Good luck, I'm sure you'll recieve many more posts on this topic but this should get you started.

Questor
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Lift hard, eat natural. It'll happen.

Optionally you may also replace your jogging with HIIT.

T3hNick
04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Whats HIIT sorry i''m new here?

Validus
04-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Whats HIIT sorry i''m new here?

If you want to really get a good understanding of HIT I'd google it but the gist of it ,for lets say running, is you sprint for a certain amount of time than jog/walk for a certain amount of time than sprint again. It is proven to greatly increase weight loss and be more effective as a callorie burner. However, like I said before just google it to get the specifics. :strong:

seK
04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Search through the sticky posts on the diet forum, its no really as cut and dry as the posts above so do your research.
I wouldn't suggest implementing HITT into your routine unless you plan on supplementing the calories burned.

nhlfan
04-05-2007, 05:51 PM
count calories, hiit, lift heavy

i promise

T3hNick
04-05-2007, 06:00 PM
hate countin cals

seK
04-05-2007, 06:08 PM
hate countin cals
More than you hate being fat?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-05-2007, 06:09 PM
hate countin calsMay I suggest getting over it? :whiner: That really isn't something you should hate since it's the most efficient way to go about losing fat in combination with heavy lifting and rest. Diet is the most important aspect of all of this.

dabaugh
04-05-2007, 06:24 PM
seK raises a good point. if you really want it....you will put in the work which ultimately derives to that you get out what you put in.
Good luck home slice

i would also suggest Hiit and fitday tracking

mikesbytes
04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Better to loose the fat at a controlled sensible pace. I wouldn't recommend extreme weight loss, as per what you see on the biggest looser.

500 calorie defect per day will see you with steady results. Learn about your eating habits by tracking your calories in fitday or the like and avoid hidden calories, such as in drinks.

T3hNick
04-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Okay guys i did everything i ate today on fitday. My results are (this is usually 100% the same each day) I know i need more protein but these results are without my daily protein bar i eat (32g). Ok need suggestions now that I did as u asked. =]
Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 1420
Fat: 50 453 33%
Sat: 15 138 10%
Poly: 6 56 4%
Mono: 10 93 7%
Carbs: 149 573 41%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 91 366 26%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

chemical Andy
04-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Intense full court basketball for 3 hours a day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and that'll help you cut weight. I used to do it before I tore up my ankle. I'm a cardio machine, and there's nothing like it. It's like running on a treadmill for 3 hours... but you don't even realize it 'cause it's fun.

T3hNick
04-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Too cold for that now these days, but i play golf and I went to the range today after gym workout for 45 minutes and hit balls. Then when we have matches the courses are ~1.2 miles we walk it all. I'm usually outside a lot in the summer, street football, bball, etc. Suggestions still please =]~

mikesbytes
04-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Okay guys i did everything i ate today on fitday. My results are (this is usually 100% the same each day) I know i need more protein but these results are without my daily protein bar i eat (32g). Ok need suggestions now that I did as u asked. =]
Calories Eaten Today
grams cals %total
Total: 1420
Fat: 50 453 33%
Sat: 15 138 10%
Poly: 6 56 4%
Mono: 10 93 7%
Carbs: 149 573 41%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 91 366 26%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Excellent start. As you mentioned, not enough protein, perhaps you could swap something in your diet to get the protein without needing the protein bar.

T3hNick
04-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I just did how many calories my body needs per day to maintain my weight online, is says i need ~2700 per day. If i eat everything above ^ and the protein bar I'm only around 1700ish still. Thats 1k less, is this calculator incorrect or should I bump it up (remember I'm tryin to lose fat). Thank you for everyone so far.

Chris686
04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
To those of you in this topic who don't seem to know the difference:

Lose - e.g. Lose a match. Lose weight. Lose an object.

Loose - Not tight. Loose jeans. Loose screw.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

If my maintanance calories were 2700, I'd eat around 2000-2200 a day.

As stated earlier, be sure to get most of that in protein. You want to keep as much muscle as possible, because that's what makes you look good.

seK
04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I just did how many calories my body needs per day to maintain my weight online, is says i need ~2700 per day. If i eat everything above ^ and the protein bar I'm only around 1700ish still. Thats 1k less, is this calculator incorrect or should I bump it up (remember I'm tryin to lose fat). Thank you for everyone so far.

The online calculators are a decent place to start but they can be drastically wrong, to do it properly you will have to track your calories and weight for an extended period of time and work from there.

Vapour Trails
04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Well the quickest way is a Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF). Did anyone notice the word "quick" in the title?

seK
04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Well the quickest way is a Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF). Did anyone notice the word "quick" in the title?

I wouldn't suggest PSMF to anyone who says
hate countin cals

Con
04-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I dont think he should do it, but for arguments sake, if he simply had the basics down of the PSMF he wouldnt have a prob.

For example, I doubt he could overeat if he ate nothing but lean meat and veggies.

seK
04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I dont think he should do it, but for arguments sake, if he simply had the basics down of the PSMF he wouldnt have a prob.

For example, I doubt he could overeat if he ate nothing but lean meat and veggies.

I can max out my daily cal's in one meal of chicken. 800-1000 cals is nothing when you are eating meat.

Con
04-09-2007, 06:26 PM
YOu could, but would hunger be an issue after you gorged on a lot of meat and veggies?

I should have said, he probably would not have a prob with hunger if he was following the principles of PSMF.

seK
04-10-2007, 08:22 AM
YOu could, but would hunger be an issue after you gorged on a lot of meat and veggies?

I should have said, he probably would not have a prob with hunger if he was following the principles of PSMF.
Yes it would.

Angler
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
I just started working out for real 3 weeks ago so Iím by no means educated in this area as of yet. But I did drop off weight without even trying. I was almost 200lbs. Started running 2 to 3 miles prior to working out some. No plan for exercise or diet. Weight was melting off. I found this place and started doing the WBB1 about 3 weeks ago. Plan is to put on 15lbs or so of muscle mass. Iím now 185.5 and am having a hard time gaining any weight. Stomach is down to almost nothing. My tight 38 pants I tossed out and bought several 36Ē which I now need a belt with. Upper body is looking and feeling pretty dam good. I had to stop all my running because weight was still being lost. Pumping up and eating for 3 people now.

Only eat good foods. Combine cardio and weight training and you canít do anything but loose weight.

Good luck

Jay

seK
04-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I just started working out for real 3 weeks ago so Iím by no means educated in this area as of yet. But I did drop off weight without even trying. I was almost 200lbs. Started running 2 to 3 miles prior to working out some. No plan for exercise or diet. Weight was melting off. I found this place and started doing the WBB1 about 3 weeks ago. Plan is to put on 15lbs or so of muscle mass. Iím now 185.5 and am having a hard time gaining any weight. Stomach is down to almost nothing. My tight 38 pants I tossed out and bought several 36Ē which I now need a belt with. Upper body is looking and feeling pretty dam good. I had to stop all my running because weight was still being lost. Pumping up and eating for 3 people now.

Only eat good foods. Combine cardio and weight training and you canít do anything but loose weight.

Good luck

Jay
Side tracking the thread a bit but contratz, I don't think I have heard of anyone that had to lose weight and couldn't put it back on lol I wish it was true for me.

Angler
04-10-2007, 01:23 PM
All I have to do is stop working out and my face and gut blow up. Eating over 4000 cal a day with 300+ in pro now. Put on only 2 pounds in 3 weeks. Iím working out 3 to 4 days a week now and have cut out all cardio. A 5 to 10 minute 10 to 15 degree incline walk at 4mph to warm up before hitting he weights.

When people on here told me I was starving myself with just a 1000 cal I was very skeptical. But Iím eating like a pig now and only feeling more solid not fatter. So I guess its working. I also think some weight is moving around. As in loosing more fat and gaining more muscle.

Iíll take some pictures so people can bust them on me. Does anyone else feel like a fool taking shots of your self?

Sorry for side tracking the post.

Jay

seK
04-10-2007, 02:08 PM
All I have to do is stop working out and my face and gut blow up. Eating over 4000 cal a day with 300+ in pro now. Put on only 2 pounds in 3 weeks. Iím working out 3 to 4 days a week now and have cut out all cardio. A 5 to 10 minute 10 to 15 degree incline walk at 4mph to warm up before hitting he weights.

When people on here told me I was starving myself with just a 1000 cal I was very skeptical. But Iím eating like a pig now and only feeling more solid not fatter. So I guess its working. I also think some weight is moving around. As in loosing more fat and gaining more muscle.

Iíll take some pictures so people can bust them on me. Does anyone else feel like a fool taking shots of your self?

Sorry for side tracking the post.

Jay

Only because I can't vogue and take the shot at the same time...... :hump:

weak sauce
05-19-2007, 08:44 AM
More than you hate being fat?

good motivation phrase.. I was reading on fat loss via search since i, myself, am on a cut. counting cals sucks.. but at the end it is extremely rewarding.

ray34iyf
05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Or just do like I do..write up a diet that equals the cals you need with all the right macros and eat the same thing each day..if you can get use to no variety it become sooo easy.

stormmhael
05-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I can think of a way to burn 3 pounds of pure body fat in two hours.

Go to lipsuction clinic at night.
Steal fat.
Bon fire!

Easier way if cow body fat is fine and human body fat is not needed:

Go to grocery store.
Buy 3 pounds of bovineular fat.
Bon fire.

Chocamine
06-07-2009, 03:02 AM
yohimbine HCL and caffeine on empty stomach + cardio = fat loss heaven

Glaive
08-01-2009, 01:43 AM
It's not as much "counting calories" as it is simply learning portion sizes. What you want to do is spend some time on Fitday or wherever figuring out the calorie counts of things you commonly eat and then make a list so you can mix and match.

I'd also add that judging by your height, weight, and body fat percentage your don't have a ton of muscle mass. Muscle boosts your metabolic rate quite a bit, so you're maintenance level will be lower than someone your exact height and weight that is only 10% body fat. Lean body mass is arguably more important than total body mass in terms of figuring out calorie levels.

If you focus on eating clean and lifting heavy you'll put on some more lean mass, which in turn will make it easier to drop excess fat.

You dont' want to focus so much on reducing body fat that you ignore total body composition, otherwise you might end up weighing 140 and looking like you just got out of a concentration camp -- very little fat but nothing but bone and loose skin.