PDA

View Full Version : So here's what I want to eat on a cut...

Twan
04-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Breakfast:
2 Scoops Oatmeal + Fat Free Milk

Lunch:
2 Tbsp of Natty PB

After School:
1 Scoop Nitrean + 16 oz Milk

Dinner:
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

Night Snack:
Snack on Carrots

I figure it has a good amount of fat, protein, and carbs. Combined with a lot of water everyday, I should be pretty good? I'll be doing HIIT on off lifting days, and taking Nitor.

Mr. D
04-06-2007, 12:14 AM
You are not stating the quanty in meal 1. Your fats seem way too low. Your calories overall seem very low. what are your current stats?

There are hardly any veggies. Say hello to broccoli,spinach. I would add cottage cheese to the bedtime meal.

stepto180
04-06-2007, 12:18 AM
i would add eggs in the morn and meat at lunch and ditch the carrots for green veggies...cals seeem really low

Mr. D
04-06-2007, 12:20 AM
I did some searching of your previous threads and you are 15 and 6'1!You need to start eating like a growing boy. Eat, lift heavy and hard, and rest. You will gain muscle at unbelievable rate at your age, and you may even burn some fat along the way. You may be a "skinny-fat" at this point,but you just need to add some muscle on your body.

Twan
04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd like to cut a little bit.

I'm seeing like 1800 cals/day here? I'll be having fruit throughout the day, along with lots of water, and Nitor so I shouldn't feel like I'm not having enough calories.

Eric Cartman
04-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't think you should be eating peanut butter on a cut... I found out that eating peanut butter really adds the weight very quickly, and I have removed peanut butter from my diet right now..

Unholy
04-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't think you should be eating peanut butter on a cut... I found out that eating peanut butter really adds the weight very quickly, and I have removed peanut butter from my diet right now..

:bash: Natural peanut butter is great. Excess calories make you gain weight. You need healthy fats, even on a cut.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't think you should be eating peanut butter on a cut... I found out that eating peanut butter really adds the weight very quickly, and I have removed peanut butter from my diet right now..No it doesn't. Natural peanut butter is a source of healthy fat. You can't judge how anything really affects you when you aren't tracking what you eat. Fat doesn't make you fat. However, since fat contains more than twice the calories of protein or carbs, the calories can add up quickly. But if you knew the amount of calories that made you gain weight, you wouldn't have to worry about this because you can adjust accordingly to fit it into your daily requirements. You don't really change much when cutting other than the amount of calories you're eating. A lot of people on here INCREASE their fat or protein intake for satiety/comfort purposes because it wards off hunger. Peanut butter is fine for a cut. The peanut butter is not the problem with your diet. There are a lot of things that need fixing. If you start removing things you enjoy, like peanut butter, when that really isn't the source of the problem, you're not going to enjoy cutting as much.

Blanche_Soprano
04-06-2007, 02:14 PM

Get out a measuring spoon! If you eat in excess, then maybe it will add weight quickly. That's how it goes with anything. If it wasn't for natty peanut butter and other types of butter made from nuts (mmm, almond butter), I would die. Plus I would be nowhere near enough protein for the day.

Buzzsaw
04-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Damn, I'd starve and wither away if I ate that for a whole day. Not sure what you were eating before you started this cut but it seems pretty drastic.

Twan
04-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Yea, it's drastic, but I know I can handle it. I figure with 2-3 tbsp of peanut butter at lunch, that's like 50 grams of fat. Combined with little stuff over the day (2% milk, etc.) I figure that I'll have more than enough fat. My carbs should be fine from taking the oatmeal in the morning, and I'm getting protein throughout the day.

If I do this in moderation and use water and Nitor to suppress my hunger, I think I can drop maybe 3-4 pounds per week. That includes doing HIIT on off days and still lifting hard.

Freakish
04-07-2007, 10:58 AM
WOW dude, that is a caloric deificit. you shouldnt be losing more than 2lbs a week. if you eat CLEAN and work out of your mind hard, progress will come. i agree with unholy, even with that PB you may need more fats.

what are your stats.

Twan
04-07-2007, 12:45 PM
6'1, 207, maybe 20% BF

Mr. D
04-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Yea, it's drastic, but I know I can handle it. I figure with 2-3 tbsp of peanut butter at lunch, that's like 50 grams of fat. Combined with little stuff over the day (2% milk, etc.) I figure that I'll have more than enough fat. My carbs should be fine from taking the oatmeal in the morning, and I'm getting protein throughout the day.

If I do this in moderation and use water and Nitor to suppress my hunger, I think I can drop maybe 3-4 pounds per week. That includes doing HIIT on off days and still lifting hard.

AT your height and weight, you could cut probably at ~2500 cals. 2-3 TBSP of PB is not 50g of fat. 1 TBSP of PB is 8g of fat.

You need more veggies, more protein (at least 167g a day), more fat (at least 83g a day) in your diet.

3-4 lbs a week and youll be losing just as much muscle as fat. You'll hate the way you look when its all said and done.

If you are intent on dropping cals low, then look into Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald (www.bodyrecomposition.com)

Twan
04-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Let's say 2200 cals.

Breakfast:
2 cups Quaker Oatmeal
600 cals.
12g fat
108g carbs.
20g protein.

with 2 cups, milk
170 cals
1g fat
16g protein
24g carbohydrate

so far we've had 770 cals, 13g fat, 124g carbs, 36g protein

lunch:
4 tbsp natty pb
420 cals + 770 = 1190
32g fat + 13g = 45g
12g carbs + 124 = 136g carbs
16g protein + 36g = 52g protein

after school:
1 scoop nitrean + 2 cups skim milk:

milk gives me:
170 cals
1g fat
16g protein
24g carbs

nitrean:
110 cals
1g fat
1g carbs
24g protein

so this meal will have:
280 cals + 1190 = 1470 cals
2g fat + 45g = 47g
25g carbs + 136g carbs = 161 carbs
40g protein = 92g protein

dinner:
2 tyson boneless skinless chicken breast
200 cals = 1670 cals
50g protein = 142g protein
3g fat = 50g fat
0 carbs = 161 carbs

night snack:
3 cups milk
255 cals
1.5g fat
24g protein
36g carbs

Final for the day, assuming I have fruit throught out is roughly:
2000 cals
166g protein
51.5g fat
200g carbs

How does that look?

Kyolked
04-07-2007, 09:06 PM
are you trying to starve yourself?:whip:

Mr. D
04-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Fat too low.Increase by about 30g. Decrease your cals from carbs.Protein is at the minimal level. You see why your caloric intake is too low?To get your neccessary macros in (fat and protein) you are left with very little for carbs.

I would I would decrease the amount of carbs in meal 1. You first say "2200 cals" then you say 2000 cals at the bottom. The macros you have listed (166g pro, 51.5g fat,200g carbs) does not addd up to 2000 even (1927 cals).

Here is what I would aim for (since you are deadset on keeping cals low and using Lyle McD's equation of bodyfat lbs x 31 to calculate amount of deficit)

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/print/printview.php?artID=35

Maintenence = ~3105 cals (BW *15)
Bodyfat = 207 x .2 = 41.4lbs

Intake = 3105 - 41.4*31 = 1821.6 cals

Protein = 200g = 800cal
Fat = 85 g = 765 cal
Carbs = 64g = 256 cal

Thats a low carb diet and its an aggressive diet plan and not for the faint of heart. You could theoretically low protein by 34g to 166 and increase carbs by 34g to 98g, but it will still be tough.

Twan
04-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Gah, the site is broken.

Mr. D
04-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I clicked the link again, seems to work fine for me.

Slim Schaedle
04-07-2007, 11:30 PM

There is so much wrong in this post I'm not sure where to begin.

2-3tbs of PB would be 14-21g fat, not 50grams.

Carbs simply from oatmeal in the morning? Unless you've gone low carb before, good luck with that.

Water and Nitor to suppress hunger? Might need something a little stronger than that.

3-4 pounds per week? Maybe a nice 10 pound drop from water/glycogen loss. After that? Umm, no.

Twan
04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I miswrote the natty pb fat content. I meant 2-3 servings, which if I took 3, it'd be 48g (my natty pb has 16g/fat per serving)

Secondly, I'm taking carbs in milk after school, taking 12g in at lunch, and taking more in throughout the day with the veggies I eat.

I'm not going to be insanely hungry, because I'm eating 6 meals a day. I've actually gone 7 AM to 3 PM without eating, so it's not like it's impossible. Sometimes I don't eat lunch in school. I can pack in pb during lunch though if it would help.

Nitor should have me feeling great and burning lots of cals too. Who needs food if you've got energy?!?!

I hope I cleared a few things up for you. I think with enough HIIT, I can drop 3 pounds per week. I mean, 5 days a week in the gym has got to be worth something!

I weigh about 200 lbs right now, and I think I have a bf % of 22. Let's just say it's 20%. That's 40lbs of fat! That's a 1240 caloric deficit. What should I take a 1240 caloric deficit off? Assuming my maintenance is 15 cal/lb, that's 3000. 3000 - 1240 = 1760.

Am I missing something?

Mr. D
04-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm not going to be insanely hungry, because I'm eating 6 meals a day. I've actually gone 7 AM to 3 PM without eating, so it's not like it's impossible. Sometimes I don't eat lunch in school. I can pack in pb during lunch though if it would help.

You really shouldnt have to starve yourself to achieve your goals. Eating smaller, frequent meals helps some and some prefer larger, less frequent meals on a cut.

Nitor should have me feeling great and burning lots of cals too. Who needs food if you've got energy?!?!

Your body needs calories, thats who. Could you explain to the ignorant, i.e. me, how nitor burns calories.

I hope I cleared a few things up for you. I think with enough HIIT, I can drop 3 pounds per week. I mean, 5 days a week in the gym has got to be worth something!

Of course exercise is worth something, but with too low a caloric intake, it can also be detrimental to your longterm physique goals.

I weigh about 200 lbs right now, and I think I have a bf % of 22. Let's just say it's 20%. That's 40lbs of fat! That's a 1240 caloric deficit. What should I take a 1240 caloric deficit off? Assuming my maintenance is 15 cal/lb, that's 3000. 3000 - 1240 = 1760.

Am I missing something?

If you want to do the 31xBF method, more power to you. But if you read that article I linked above, I believe he stated a 1.5lb/week fat loss was optimal, any more and you risk muscle loss. You know you cut cals too low and you could drop weight and stay the same or even go up in BF%. Instead of looking at what the reduction comes in, first look at what you need: Protein and Fat. Fill up your minimums, 1g/lbm and 0.5g/lbm respectively, and fill up the rest of your cals with protein,carbs,fat as you like.

Eric Cartman
04-08-2007, 01:45 AM
I think it is important that each meal is balanced,... I think if you combine protein, carbs, and a green leafy vegetable, all in one meal, it can speed up your metabolism.. I have scientific proof of that somewhere, please dont make me find the articles and quotes :)

But the point is a meal shouldnt just contain one thing, like some chicken... balanced meals are better!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Is eating everything in site part of your balanced meals? ;)

Slim Schaedle
04-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I have scientific proof of that somewhere, please dont make me find the articles and quotes :)

You won't get off that easy on this site.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-08-2007, 03:00 PM
:withstupi