PDA

View Full Version : conflicting "truths?"

pmpimpalot01
04-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Ive heard both of these:

1) people who bulk, starting at a lower bf%, are less susseptable to gain body fat.

2) FFB's (former fat boys) put fat back on much easier than those who have been lean their entire life.

Well, I am on a bulk now, and am in both of those categories. My stats are

height 6'3"
weight 175
Calipers i have read between 6-7% body fat

not sure how accurate that is...there are pictures...In the "loose skin" pic, it is because i dropped from 242 to 168. A looooooot of skin left. How much would it take to fill it in. I hate to sit down with no shirt lol

I have been eating around 3000 calories per day...gaining very slowley as not to gain much body fat due to the fear of scenario 2. of course it outweighed number 1 just because, hey, I dont want to be fat again lol.

But I have decided to compete in the florida sunshine state games (teen 16-17, powerlifting and bench only comps) on june 16th.
So I definatley need to pack on some mass.

So first question I have is this>> are ffb more likely to put back on fat because of previous eating habits and psychological issues that they may just pop bak into the unhealthy way of eating or is it something that is actually genetically encrypted within them now?

also, right now I am only about 300 calories above maitnence, which i figure to be about 2700. is 800 above too much? especcially if the ffb thing is true. I would like to gain weight. some fat is acceptable but I would prefer to stay under 10%

greekboy80
04-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I dont think you have to worry about gaining fat...you need to eat!

Unholy
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
I agree you are very skinny! Eat up!

Cirino83
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I agree you are very skinny! Eat up!

x2 I would shovel anything not tied down into my mouth and try to eat it.

Roddy
04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
eat up bud and keep lifting. As long as your lifting you wont have to worry about excess fat gain.

Just ramp your calories up a few hundred extra each week till your closer to 4000-4500cals or more i'd say and just lift heavy. Keep your diet clean. Simple.

pmpimpalot01
04-06-2007, 08:31 PM
alright thanks guys. I posted pics a while back of me at 170...I think more than a month, so thats how slow I have been gaining. Guess i will go up to 3,500 next monday...sounds like fun. Its hard to only eat 3000. I'll post up my diet here soon to give an idea on how bad or good it is.

jft9120
04-06-2007, 10:32 PM
do u mind sharing any before pics? its interesting to see and how tall ru?

BFGUITAR
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I must say, you have the oddest chest ive ever seen. Ive never seen a shape like that before.
Hell its bigger than mine so it seems so good job!

pmpimpalot01
04-07-2007, 06:48 AM
do u mind sharing any before pics? its interesting to see and how tall ru?

the pic is from about 215-220, so it isnt my heaviest...might be my pale-est..:scratch: ....... im 6'3

I must say, you have the oddest chest ive ever seen. Ive never seen a shape like that before.
Hell its bigger than mine so it seems so good job!

yea, I do have a weird chest, almost like I lack the upper part:confused: lol...I dont like the way it looks..

Clifford Gillmore
04-07-2007, 07:27 AM
I have the same type of chest bro, its only like that when I'm pudgy, when I'm lean is nice and flat. Don't worry about it too much :)

pmpimpalot01
04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
I have the same type of chest bro, its only like that when I'm pudgy, when I'm lean is nice and flat. Don't worry about it too much :)

well im not pudgy anymore...still like that...I always thought maybe gyno, i really have no idea tho.

jft9120
04-08-2007, 07:03 PM
wow man youve come a long way how long did it take you to drop all that weight?

D Breyer
04-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow! Great progress. I went on a similar journey it seems, although I was quite a bit younger. I went from being obese for most of my younger years, peaking at about 210ish when I was 12, to my lowest 155-160 when I was 14 (mostly due to WBB), to a thick 200 now (I'm a sophomore). Height really helps haha.

I'm curious as well, how long did that take you? What was your motivation/reasoning behind getting that lean?

pmpimpalot01
04-09-2007, 06:51 AM
wow man youve come a long way how long did it take you to drop all that weight?

I'm curious as well, how long did that take you? What was your motivation/reasoning behind getting that lean?

It really has been probably about a 2 year process. I had always wanted to be leaner when I was younger and in middle school is really when the pressure started coming. But I never did anything, I just hoped I would have some "magical summer" where the fat would fall from my body lol...

But I found WBB and I really have learned TONS about diet and training and its really helped.

My motivation has changed. It started as a social thing...no one wants to be the fat kid....but now that I am addicted to weightlifting, its to be a good powerlifter. Trying to stay as lean as I can but get as strong as I can.. be in a lower weight class and what not lol

jft9120
04-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Wow im in the same journey right now although not as far along im still a little fat but its more of a skinny fat which kinda pisses me off. i started last summer at 230 and im 195 right now, hoping to get down to around 175-180

good work man

Eszekial
04-10-2007, 02:21 PM
These are not conflicting truths.
1.People who start with a lower body fat typically have a better hormone profile. They will partition calories more towards muscle then fat.
2.People who were fat to begin with will have more fat cells ready to store fat. Leaner folks never produced these extra fat cells in order to store them.

Read a bit of Lyle McD's work and he spells all this out for you in a few of his books.

pmpimpalot01
04-10-2007, 07:21 PM
okay, so bassically it depends on what you are NOW and not what you used to be....bad wording....unless of course you have like thyroid problems but there are ecceptions to everything