PDA

View Full Version : Post your High calorie meal idea's. Bulking.

Roddy
04-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Try and keep it clean.

No Icecream with Oreo's and peanut butter suggestions... :hello:

Looking to bulk like a crazy ****er! Need meal idea's.

Got the shakes locked and loaded, got the "amazing protein" bars in the fridge.:fart:

Unholy
04-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Get whole wheat pasta. Then get the leanest ground beef you can. Then get some delicious tomato sauce. Now use your imagination. It is delicious imho.

If you are really a hardgainer though and BF % is not an issue. One meal of junk food here and there shouldn't be too bad.

Bako Lifter
04-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Nice thread Rod, I need some ideas too. Other then my "demon" shakes and PB & J sandwiches, I don't know what to eat.

Unholy
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Taco Bell. Get your tacos "fresco" style. Healthy and good amount of cals.

c3p
04-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Breakfast:

6 egg whites + 1 whole egg
1 scoop of Nitrean (or any protein power with about 24 grams of protein)
1/2 cup oats + banana

Breakdown:
Protein: 45
Carbs: 50
Fat: 10

Snacks:

Cytogainer (2 scoops)
1 Handful of nuts

Breakdown:
Protein: 40
Fats: 10

Lunch:

Turkey breast sandwich (1 inch thick of meat)
1 cup of milk

Breakdown:
Protein: 45
Fats: 5

Hope that helps!

Stumprrp
04-08-2007, 07:50 AM
a peanut butter sandwich and glass of milk is a prime snack, its easily 5-600 calories and healthy to boot.

another great one is eggs of any form, scramble up 8 eggs and you have yourself 720 calories, put cheese on them even more, have something on the side even more.

steak is dense in everything if you can afford it.

what paul reccomended is great too, great balance of carbs protien and healthy fat from the meat.

hmm i really dont have to many clean clean ideas as i eat like crap, hence probley why i pushed a car a little ways and ran back to mine last night and was out of breath for 5 minutes...

but anyways, you can do it clean you just need more food, milk and peanut butter are key, KEY!

pmpimpalot01
04-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Pb and anything!!!

Pb and banana sanwhich
PB and chicken
PB and... Peanuts lol

Things with oats and grains as well

cphafner
04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
my typical bulk lunch is 2 cups rice, 8 oz beef, 2 slices of cheese, taco sauce.

Basically a big taco in a bowl.

Jordanbcool
04-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Get whole wheat pasta. Then get the leanest ground beef you can. Then get some delicious tomato sauce. Now use your imagination. It is delicious imho.

If you are really a hardgainer though and BF % is not an issue. One meal of junk food here and there shouldn't be too bad.

I'd have to say this is the best bulking foods. Simple, easy and great tasting.

EDIT: Nothing can beat a meaty omelette. Get 6 egg whites, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup lowfat cheese, various veggies, and lean ham. Great food to start the day and has a ton of calories/nutrients.

Cirino83
04-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Damn I hate cutting...

Bupp
04-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Check Page 29 of this cookbook (http://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/2012.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=2600)

ianewilson
04-21-2007, 04:27 PM
I found this stuff called Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) that is similar to a grain but is actually a seed. It can replace rice in just about anything and the great part about it is that it is a complete protein (similar to milk or eggs or beef).

For buling I usually keep a tub of cottage cheese close by with some natural peanut butter and some quinoa. I usually have a mixture of ground beef/chicken/turkey with diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, green peppers, and artichoke hearts all the time as well. I don't have just one thing at a time ever. I'll have a couple of spoons of cottage cheese, a MRP shake, some of the meat mixture with quinoa, and then a spoon of peanut butter to finish it off.

Mmmmm delicious!

RedSpikeyThing
04-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Check Page 29 of this cookbook (http://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/2012.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=2600)

Oh my God, thanks for the link. I hope you don't get in trouble for posting that....

joelhall
04-22-2007, 11:33 AM
ha ha I used to be a trainee chef!

how about this: pasta shells with carbonara sauce, sauteed mushrooms, dry fried bacon and garlic coated diced chicked breast, with crushed black pepper on top - a favourite of mine!

Or what I had today: roasted potatos, steak fried with cumin pepper garlic salt, gammon, brocolli, carrots and gravy (and of course the black pepper)

and of course the old favourite: beer and dry-roasted peanuts.

Davidelmo
04-22-2007, 02:59 PM
ha ha I used to be a trainee chef!

how about this: pasta shells with carbonara sauce, sauteed mushrooms, dry fried bacon and garlic coated diced chicked breast, with crushed black pepper on top - a favourite of mine!

Or what I had today: roasted potatos, steak fried with cumin pepper garlic salt, gammon, brocolli, carrots and gravy (and of course the black pepper)

and of course the old favourite: beer and dry-roasted peanuts.

:bow:

joelhall
04-23-2007, 10:00 AM
here's another couple of tips:
Always have a bag of peanuts with you
Don't buy too many heath foods as they typically don't have many calories, and we're back at the problem of you body using is tissue for energy or feeling lethargic.

And my best tip: Whenever you make a sandwich, instead of peanut butter or whatever you normally have, fry up a small steak with a bit of cumin, black pepper, and brown sauce!

04-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Sweet Potatoe Pancakes

1/2c. dry Oats
5 egg Whites/1 whole egg
1/2c. applesauce (unsweetened)
1c. sweet potatoe (cooked, baked/boiled)
1tsp almond (or vanilla extract)
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp splenda (optional for added sweetness)

Throw all ingrediants together in blender and mix well until consistency is thick as batter. Coat heated pan with butter spray pam and pour batter evenly. Batter will make total of at least 6 med. pancakes.

mmmmmm i even throw in some vanilla protien powder to up the amout of protein