PDA

View Full Version : when to pull sleds/flip tires

pmpimpalot01
04-08-2007, 11:03 AM
My days off form weightlifting are wendsdays and sundays.

each day will be after either a leg (squats) or back (DL) day. so when would be a good time to pull sleds and flip tires... same day as one of those workouts ? ?

Paul Stagg
04-08-2007, 11:08 AM
You have to experiment.

The first question is: Why are you going to pull the sled and flip tires?

pmpimpalot01
04-09-2007, 07:01 AM
just to be in better shape. I havent run for like...3 months lol. I'd rather pull sleds then run around a track though. Figure it could help me use my strength for longer periods of time..

Clifford Gillmore
04-09-2007, 08:01 AM
I do them for recovery and mild GPP work. So I do them after my workouts, maybe once or twice a week.

Guido
04-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Pulling sleds and flipping tires takes a LOT out of you. Doing the sled pulling on your leg day and flipping the tire on your back day wouldn't be a bad idea.

pmpimpalot01
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Pulling sleds and flipping tires takes a LOT out of you. Doing the sled pulling on your leg day and flipping the tire on your back day wouldn't be a bad idea.

yea. Ive done them before and that is what I used to do. along with farmers walk on back days. I just didnt know If there was a better time to do them...I guess the "recovery" thing throws me off....i dont understand what is recovery about it

Guido
04-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Strongman stuff is definitely NOT recovery. When I do strongman workouts on Saturdays I hurt for almost a week afterwards.

RhodeHouse
04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Recovery is just resting and letting your body rebuild itself. Everybody responds differently to lifting. You need to experiment and find out what your body can handle. If it was me, I would Flip the tire 5x after Squat/Dl work. Make sure that you drop some work from your normal workout if you plan on using the tire. I'd pull the sled across the parking lot 2x before each workout as a warm-up. How far? Wherever you park your car, walk away from it until you want to turn around, then walk back. Done.