PDA

View Full Version : my diet... please dissect

ku_med
04-08-2007, 08:36 PM
by everyones standards here at wbb, im definitely new at the game. let me begin by explaining my overall objectives. i want to maintain my current weight at 200 lbs but shed body fat. i guess you could call it a semi-cut. the meals i list i alternate with each other every other day. for example breakfast i alternate cereal and oatmeal. here it goes:

breakfast: fiber one cereal and an apple/ bowl of oatmeal and an apple

lunch: ramen noodle with two tbsp's of olive oil and a protein shake / two whole grain bread turkey sandwhiches w/ fat free mayo and a protein shake

midday: bagel and two egg whites/ two slices of raisin bread and two egg whites

midafternoon: shake consisting of whey protein, two tbsp's of peanut butter, a banana, and fat free milk

dinner: skinless chicken breast and corn / two whole grain bread tuna sandwiches and corn

before bed: handful of nuts and strawberries with fat free yogurt / handful of nuts and pineapple with fat free yogurt

critque away

shazoo123
04-08-2007, 08:51 PM
well first off, you cant maintain your weight of 200 yet lose body fat.....fat=weight...therfore you will cut, and then if u want to be your goal weight of 200 you will have to bulk to that mass. so u may want to figure out how much body fat your lookin at and which proccess should be executed first....

Mr. D
04-08-2007, 10:53 PM
What is your current bf%?How tall are you?How old are you?

What are the total macros and caloric intake for your meal plan?

stepto180
04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
my rule of thumb is protien at every meal...also I would think about switching the ramen out for something like sweet or red prtatoes or brown rice

and be careful about all the bread maybe switch to wraps ?? rice cakes are another good carb to use in there

Zoolander
04-09-2007, 01:05 AM
I would throw in some blueberries into your breakfast porridge and add a scoop of whey to up your daily protein

For total daily protein you should be looking at roughly 1.5-1.8 g protein / kg of bodyweight.

Some people are consuming massive amount of protein and this over time is going to tax your kidneys.

Finally, get rid of the peanut butter. Peanuts have to be the worst choice for nuts. They are full of saturated fatty acids.

Additionally, are you taking creatine?

Zoolander
04-09-2007, 01:12 AM
can you possibly outline your supplements regime if you have one.

ku_med
04-09-2007, 08:43 AM
i am 5'10" sitting 200-203 lbs. Im 21 years old. i wish i could tell you my body fat percentage but as of now i dont have anything to measure it with. a rought estimate would be between15 to 20%.

in the thread "how a bodybuilder eats" natural style peanut butter is listed. what is the difference between that and what i eat? i make sure i get the kind that says partially hydrogenated on the back of the jar if that makes a difference to you guys.

regarding the bread, i've been looking at a different manner of eating tuna besides sandwiches. suggestions?

supplement wise, i take two whey protein shakes per day, 3 scoops per shakes, 23g per scoop, so normally at least 1 gram per lb. i know im gonna catch flak for this but i take NO-Xplode along with Creatine 500. finally, i take multivitamins.

stepto180
04-09-2007, 09:22 AM
make a wrap....add lettuce and stuff....other then that strait from the can always works :) or you could mix it into a salad or brown rice

I wouldnt worry about the peanutbutter personally im dieting for a bb competition right now and peanutbutter is on my diet...of course I dont know everything

Mr. D
04-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I would throw in some blueberries into your breakfast porridge and add a scoop of whey to up your daily protein

For total daily protein you should be looking at roughly 1.5-1.8 g protein / kg of bodyweight.

Some people are consuming massive amount of protein and this over time is going to tax your kidneys.

Finally, get rid of the peanut butter. Peanuts have to be the worst choice for nuts. They are full of saturated fatty acids.
Additionally, are you taking creatine?

Why is saturated fat a bad thing? You are in the research department and surely you have seen studies correlating saturated fat and test levels. For the average person, who sits on their ass and eats like crap, then yes they should limit saturated fat. For the bodybuilder or athlete seeking optimal performance, saturated fat is a good edition.

Yes I know your body can produce its own saturated fat and that it is not essential. A wise man once said "optimal and essential are 2 different things"

ku_med
04-09-2007, 09:05 PM
one more question. and i do feel dumb because i incorporate it into my diet when i have no idea its nutritional value. why is olive oil recommended? and better cooked or uncooked?

Mr. D
04-09-2007, 09:49 PM
one more question. and i do feel dumb because i incorporate it into my diet when i have no idea its nutritional value. why is olive oil recommended? and better cooked or uncooked?

Olive oil is recommended because of its heart healthy monounsaturated fat content. As for cooking it or not, if its Extra Virgin I personally wouldnt heat it and just add it on top of foods.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM

Olive Oil is recommended because it contains Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs). If you want to know the importance of healthy fat in your diet, read this ~> http://tinyurl.com/2j9u9f

And olive oil doesn't have that high of a cooking temp. But it tastes good cooked and uncooked...depending on what you use it with.

Edit: You beat me to it!