PDA

View Full Version : nutrition experts please assist...

JSully
04-09-2007, 07:59 PM
OK OK, I've been working on this spreadsheet "diet" for a few days now and I think I've got this all figured out. The screenshots represent themselves so they don't need explained too much, but I will do so anyways:

My 14 day maintanance caloric intake, based on moderate lifestyle (sedentary + daily workouts), is 46,410 cals. I'm going with a 40/30/30 split for the most part, dropping the carbs completely on no workout days. What I'm trying to do is a body recomposition. I want to give myself +500 cals on workout days, +1500 cals on workout + boxing days and -1500 cals on no workout days. And one of my workout days (arm day) I'm going to treat as a "non-workout day" so that day I'll have -1500 cals as well.

Over the 14day period I will only have a 206 calorie deficit. I'm hoping to drop bodyfat while essentially gaining muscle at a good rate. At the very least, I'd like to gain muscle without any bodyfat gain, but I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to drop bodyfat as well. The cardio in the screenshots is just a projected amount, I'll probably be doing more along the lines of 500 for each day shown. I don't want to do cardio on boxing days or on the day that I'm having very low cals. Don't want to go pissing my muscle away.

nutritionss1.jpg shows my individual diet and food choices, as well as calorie breakdown by macronutrient and percentages.
nutritionss2.jpg shows my calculations that I explained above.

I think that's all the info you need to dissect the screenshots. Ask away if you have any questions.

Please post comments on how I could improve my calculations. Thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/xtra0t/diet/nutritionss1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/xtra0t/diet/nutritionss2.jpg

Mr. D
04-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Whats your current bf% If you are 15% or lower, I would look into Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald.

JSully
04-09-2007, 10:08 PM
UD2... been there, done that.

Doesn't really help with recomping. GREAT cutting tool though. I'm more focused on strength/size right now than how I look.

Thanks though.

Oh, and I'm 18.3% as of friday.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Dude...that spreadsheet is awesome.

I haven't tried UD2.0, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. The reviewers on Amazon.com are numskulls though.

Mr. D
04-09-2007, 11:30 PM
:omg: you wake up early man

markdk86
04-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Dude...that spreadsheet is awesome.

I haven't tried UD2.0, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. The reviewers on Amazon.com are numskulls though.

UD2 is great for cutting if done by the book.

HILL
04-11-2007, 01:41 AM
little jake everythng seems to be spot on you have put alot of work into this big style. Those calculations just to confirm you did run this for 14 days and the results are from this or is it all worked out from calculations?

JSully
04-11-2007, 07:35 PM
its all worked out from calculations. i'm hoping that the results yield as the diet shows. lol.

HILL
04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
lol well only time will tell mate good luck and ill pop in on your journal as im interested in how these calculations work for ya