PDA

View Full Version : GNC Whey Protein

fpr
04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I bought GNC Chocolate Whey protein yesterday, few questions about it, I've also read through a couple posts using the search function.

Most people seem to think that the GNC whey protein doesn't taste as good, I don't think it's too bad -- is there any possibility that it could be a more inferior product from a nutritional standpoint?

On the back of the label it says to 1) have three servings a day and 2) drink it immediately before or after a workout. Obviously I'm not working out three times a day, should I follow my drink by a quick set of... let's say... pushups?

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. I'm adding it to a 1/2 liter bottle of water and shaking it opposed to blending it... this shouldn't matter right?

Thanks.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
You can drink it whenever you want. You don't need to drink it 3 times a day. They're just trying to get you to use up the product faster and waste your money.

should I follow my drink by a quick set of... let's say... pushups?That would be completely pointless.

What does your routine look like? What's your diet like?

fpr
04-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm doing WBB1.

Well, after reading this forum I don't think my diet is all that good. Normally don't eat breakfast. Lunch it's normally some form of sandwhich and dinner is usually pasta/vegetables/or some type of meat... heh, needs work I know. I did a few days of fitday, I think my average was around 1500 calories.

Stout
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm doing WBB1.

my average was around 1500 calories.

I think you must have been off on your measurements because I am about 5lbs lighter then you and my average day would be around 3000 or more cals. And other then lifting I don't do much (basically sit in front of a computer all day).

I just couldn't see this being your actual daily intake, unless you just lay in bed all day or something. :scratch:

McIrish
04-10-2007, 08:09 PM
:withstupi Stout's got a point - how do you manage to eat only 1500 calories yet maintain almost 200 lbs? You must have the metabolism of a schoolgirl. :)

fpr
04-10-2007, 08:15 PM
my bad, it's closer to 2 - 2.3k calories

McIrish
04-10-2007, 08:21 PM
my bad, it's closer to 2 - 2.3k calories

Hrmmm, even still, I'd still guess that 2000-2300 calories would put you in a caloric deficit... then again, you'd know best!! :) Keep up lifting and your metabolism will increase like gangbusters.

TopCat
04-10-2007, 10:13 PM
But, for reference... GNC whey does taste bad. In milk its not all to bad, but with water ugh. If you can find another brand either online or a different chain I would suggest so. I bet once you try a non-GNC brand you will never go back! Thats how it was for me!

slick
04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate FTW!!:strong:

CaLLmeAhNuLd
04-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I bought GNC Chocolate Whey protein yesterday, few questions about it, I've also read through a couple posts using the search function.

Most people seem to think that the GNC whey protein doesn't taste as good, I don't think it's too bad -- is there any possibility that it could be a more inferior product from a nutritional standpoint?

On the back of the label it says to 1) have three servings a day and 2) drink it immediately before or after a workout. Obviously I'm not working out three times a day, should I follow my drink by a quick set of... let's say... pushups?

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. I'm adding it to a 1/2 liter bottle of water and shaking it opposed to blending it... this shouldn't matter right?

Thanks.

i drink that **** and can't wait until it's gone..im such a dumbass for spending 30 bucks on a small tub and the **** is horrible...take it back cuz they let u i think...plus...even if u get sumthing tasty it'll suck after a week

kique
04-13-2007, 08:08 AM
gnc protein is prob expensive O.o