PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my abs please

Dman
04-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking to get my abs looking a little more prominent, but I am sort of stuck with what to do. I have attached some pics so if you could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. Also what do you think my bf % is?

I am not trying to add fat, I am trying to add pure muscle and get that ripped look....

My diet is pretty much:

Protein shake for breakfast 25g

Lots of tuna for lunch

creatine pre work out

Protein post work out 30 g

Dinner:
Steak

Snack: guacamole

WestsideWarrior
04-10-2007, 09:55 PM
You wanna get 1g of protein per lb of body weight. (minimum)

Body fat (estimation)

Factor 1 (Total body weight x 1.082) + 94.42
Factor 2 Waist measurement x 4.15
Lean Body Mass Factor 1 - Factor 2
Body Fat Weight Total bodyweight - Lean Body Mass
Body Fat Percentage (Body Fat Weight x 100) / total bodyweight

Do the math.

I've been doing 3x20 crunches and 3x20 reg. situps on a decline bench and it's been working. (1 set crunches, 1 set situps..etc)

Note: not exact body fat.

Dman
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Thank you warrior, I will do the calculation tomorrow, and I will up my protein intake

Bob
04-10-2007, 10:06 PM
You guys are kidding, right???
Come on guys... read around WBB... there are 1 million, 495 thousand, 234 threads on WBB on how to get ABs!!

Situps & crunches don't mean crap... unless you track your diet a whole lot better then that... try using FitDay?

And from the pic.. if you eat some more food and gained some muscle, your abs would be even more visible. If that really is your diet, you aren't eating enough... especially for a kid...

GL.. and start eating and lifting heavy.. get a good program too.

Roddy
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
You guys are kidding, right???
Come on guys... read around WBB... there are 1 million, 495 thousand, 234 threads on WBB on how to get ABs!!

Situps & crunches don't mean crap... unless you track your diet a whole lot better then that... try using FitDay?

And from the pic.. if you eat some more food and gained some muscle, your abs would be even more visible. If that really is your diet, you aren't eating enough... especially for a kid...

GL.. and start eating and lifting heavy.. get a good program too.
+1 :read:

WestsideWarrior
04-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Yeah Roddy, I track my diet in a notebook (I know FD is popular, but they don't have exactly what I eat)

Freakish
04-11-2007, 06:52 AM
its alot of diet and genetics buddy. hard work will payoff, but overwork will be a detriment. strengthen your lower back, power moves...

dabaugh
04-11-2007, 10:31 AM
yea dude i looked like you untill i discovered the true power of the deadlift. you wanna get big? pound the heavy lifts. abs come with a good diet and maintainence

Davidelmo
04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
No offence but honestly this might not be the site for you. I'm not trying to be a jerk but if abs are really all you want from your physique there are sites out there which might be better geared towards your goal.

Eat 1g of protein for every 1lb that you weigh
Reduce your total calorie intake
Go to the gym weight section and hit your whole body 2-3 times a week.