PDA

View Full Version : A little friendly competition!

baja_stx
04-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm going into a little friendly weight loss competition with a female co-worker. I know bf% would be helpful, but I was wondering what would be fair for amount of weight loss for each of us.

I'm a 28 year old male, 6'1" tall, and weigh 215 lbs.
My competition is a 55 year old female, about 5'9", and about 240 lbs.

Should we just make it equal and go with # of pounds or set a % loss to be fair?

Mr. D
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
If she does it correctly then she can potentially lose more weight than you. she is more overweight than you are and thus can handle a big caloric deficit and greater fat loss.

PoutineEh
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
If you really want to make it fair, you can't go pound for pound. I would say do the bf% and whoever loses the most off their initial bf% wins.

Unholy
04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I would bulk if I were you. 215 is nut much at our height.

ShockBoxer
04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Bulking won't help his co-worker out like dieting alongside her will.

Go pound for pound. You'll probably kick her ass in the short term, given the difference in gender and age, but if she doesn't get discouraged by that she should beat you in the long run. Her doing so is the best outcome for everyone involved.

I led the way for my office with my forty pound loss. Eventually one of the women beat me with a 60 pound loss... but it was me losing the forty first that finally convinced her it was possible to lose weight. (And no, she didn't listen to a damned word I said about how I did it... eating clean, lifting hard, tracking calories. She just used weight watchers religiously.)

baja_stx
04-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I think we're going to set an initial goal at 10% of total body weight.

On a positive note, we've got another person involved in the competition and may have more before we start next Monday. At the moment with 3 people involved, anyone who doesn't reach their 10% loss has to pay the other 2 $100.

Thanks again!

seK
04-13-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm going into a little friendly weight loss competition with a female co-worker. I know bf% would be helpful, but I was wondering what would be fair for amount of weight loss for each of us.

I'm a 28 year old male, 6'1" tall, and weigh 215 lbs.
My competition is a 55 year old female, about 5'9", and about 240 lbs.

Should we just make it equal and go with # of pounds or set a % loss to be fair?

Kick her 55 year old ass ..... goodluck man !

heh actually competition brings out the best in some people ..... unlike me I cheat if I am not winning.