PDA

View Full Version : Is this a pretty clean bulk diet?

teenathlete3030
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
During basketball I got up to about 15-16% bodyfat. Wanting to get it lower, I got it down to somewhere bewteen 10-12%. I tried getting it a little lower, but finally decided this is the point where my body starts shutting down fat loss because of whatever hormones or things are involved, I'm not an expert on the subject.

I want to start bulking now, but REALLY don't want to get back up to the 15-16%. I understand I need to bulk slow and clean. Is this good?

-Breakfast, 2 whole eggs and cereal.

-1 footlong subway sandwich on wheat cut into 1/4s and eaten throughout the day (double meat club or double roast beef = about 800 cals.) Of course with a lot of vegetables like spinach and tomatoes and carrots. No dressing.

-A couple scoops of whey in milk or with water if taken after workout (workout 2 days per week).

-1 filet of fish or a couple oz. or cooked venison

Do this and if I'm not gaining any weight eat a little more of the same things.

Edit: I will also take some fish oil since it seems to be pretty good for you. Maybe 1 pill a day? Or 2?

Any changes?

Unholy
04-14-2007, 03:21 PM
cals look VERY low.

teenathlete3030
04-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Usually the extra calories I'm getting in now is the crap they give us at school and the other stuff I eat just because I'm hungry. I'm trying to cut all that out.

I also know that it's not good to rush into a full bulk, because you gain weight REALLY fast, and all of that weight can't be muscle. Like I said, I will keep adding calories until I start gaining. Most likely I will need to add in stuff to this right away. I know that, but the main thing I'm looking for is that I'm not eating anything here that will encourage fat gain.

Mr. D
04-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Slowly ramping things up is a good idea. I would also start tracking on www.fitday.com to know how many cals are you eating and the macro breakdown.

How old are you?16?

U play PG?

ADT
04-14-2007, 05:15 PM
-Breakfast, 2 whole eggs and cereal.

What kind of cereal are you eating? (Name brand?) Warning: There are only about four or five cereals I consider CLEAN. How about just eating more eggs?

-1 footlong subway sandwich on wheat cut into 1/4s and eaten throughout the day (double meat club or double roast beef = about 800 cals.) Of course with a lot of vegetables like spinach and tomatoes and carrots. No dressing.

There are better choices than a Subway lunch for a CLEAN bulk. You could do worse, so I will let this slide. I would aim for chicken breast or tuna fish, though.

-A couple scoops of whey in milk or with water if taken after workout (workout 2 days per week).

No problems there.

-1 filet of fish or a couple oz. or cooked venison

I hope you're not talking about a fast food "filet of fish". If not, that's fine. Oh, and add some vegetables for dinner.

Do this and if I'm not gaining any weight eat a little more of the same things.

Edit: I will also take some fish oil since it seems to be pretty good for you. Maybe 1 pill a day? Or 2?

How about 3-6? How many milligrams are in one capsule of your fish oil?

Any changes?

How about snacks? (Peanuts are your friend, consume them.)

Unholy is correct, your calories look extemely low. Do what Mr. D suggested and track calories at http://www.fitday.com

You are correct, a slow and clean bulk is the way to go. How much do you currently weigh? How much do you want to weigh?

I would guess that your metabolism at your age is quite high, you have to eat more to compensate for this. (Especially if you are very active - i.e. basketball and lifting weights.)

If you want more variety in what you eat every day, read this thread. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565 It is entitled "What a Bodybuilder Eats".

I will leave you with this. If you are trying to gain size, mass, strength and weight while consuming a caloric excess, you will have difficulty minimizing fat gain. At your age, I would focus on a clean bulk and then cut.

We are giving you permission to eat more. Take advantage of it. Your results will thank you.

Best,
Andrew

teenathlete3030
04-15-2007, 10:50 AM
How old are you?16?

U play PG?

Yes, 16.
I'm assuming you mean Point Guard, but no, I actually have always played forward/center, which is one reason why I need a big vert and a lot of strength.

What kind of cereal are you eating? (Name brand?) Warning: There are only about four or five cereals I consider CLEAN. How about just eating more eggs?

Mostly Smart Start or the Kashi Go Lean stuff. I could try more eggs though.

There are better choices than a Subway lunch for a CLEAN bulk. You could do worse, so I will let this slide. I would aim for chicken breast or tuna fish, though.

Chicken breast I like, but tuna is loaded with mayo, not good. American cheese, and how about some olive oil for good fats? And by the way, what about the subway don't you consider CLEAN? Because I work there and can get the thing anyway I like it.

I hope you're not talking about a fast food "filet of fish". If not, that's fine. Oh, and add some vegetables for dinner.

Nope, not Mcdonalds. I'm talking about either salmon, from the store, or fresh caught walleye/whitebass from the rivers and lakes of Wisconsin.

How about 3-6? How many milligrams are in one capsule of your fish oil?

1000mg

teenathlete3030
04-17-2007, 06:16 AM
I guess I need more calories. I'm losing weight. :whiner:

SkeetSkeet18
04-17-2007, 06:29 AM
One Word:

Milk

8-10 cups a day....

1600 calories right there...

04-17-2007, 06:43 AM
One Word:

Milk

8-10 cups a day....

1600 calories right there...

NO whole food is better !!:disagree:

Chubrock
04-17-2007, 06:58 AM
NO whole food is better !!:disagree:

Not really sure what ya have against the milk haha. Many, many people have used milk as a staple in their diet.

04-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Not really sure what ya have against the milk haha. Many, many people have used milk as a staple in their diet.

yes but theres not reason to drink 1600 cals of it when you can eat good things like chicken, steak, fish and eggs, turkey, mmmmm meat!!!!!!

SkeetSkeet18
04-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Why not eat all that PLUS drink all that milk??

Sounds good to me...

Eric Cartman
04-17-2007, 07:26 PM
I really think you're on the right track, you just need to add in more variety,... Here are some of my favorite foods to bulk with:

Milk
Protein Powder
Eggs
Oatmeal
Tuna
Chicken
Shrimp
Scallops
Potato
Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
Green Leafy Vegetables
Cottage Cheese