PDA

View Full Version : Suitable PWO

Fuzzy
04-15-2007, 02:50 AM
This has been my staple post workout food.

1 Can of tuna, 280grams
320 calories
72 grams of protein
- less then a gram of total fat
840mg of sodium.

This and 600mls of powerade sport drink.

4 of these cans a day and Ive got got 1gram+ a day of portein per pound. This is on top of my usual daily whole chicken.

I dont have any any suppliments, no whey, nothing so is this good enough?

Mr. D
04-15-2007, 10:14 PM
maybe can someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but isnt there risk of mercury poisoning with that much tuna?

tomv
04-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Pretty sure there isn't, otherwise it'd be a pretty serious health crisis.

However I am probably no more knowledgeable then yourself ;-)

Lones Green
04-15-2007, 10:53 PM
i think that looks good, you got the protein and carbs covered...just make sure your drinking a decent amount of water with all that sodium from the tuna

04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
you need complex carbs and veggies - you gotta eat carbs if you expect to row any good

Built
04-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Not for pwo 8.8 - you can get complex carbs and veggies into the other meals.

04-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Not for pwo 8.8 - you can get complex carbs and veggies into the other meals.

wooops i skiped right over the tittle - your 100% correct

Levantar
04-15-2007, 11:35 PM
You have 288 grams of protein from tuna alone. PLus you eat an entire chicken everyday? Seems like way more protein than you need. Your sig says you weigh 95kg (209lbs). Thus I would say you could cut back on your tuna intake should you so desire. Not saying it's hurting you but with the amount of protein your getting from other places (milk, chicken) I don't see a NEED for all that tuna.

Fuzzy
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah... but you cant even comprehend the size of my appetite.

Ill eat 10 egg whites... then a can of tuna... then a chicken.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BIG THE FOOD BILL IS? and im not gaining with this much food, im losing infact.

EDIT: water is anywere from 4 to 8 litres a day.

Built
04-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Fats. Increase your fats.

Eat the egg yolks. Olive oil in your shakes, natty pb with everything.

Fuzzy
04-16-2007, 12:37 AM
More fat?

Hmm... is mayo good, i love that stuff and PB...

This will keep me fuller? How many grams should I be aiming for?

Built
04-16-2007, 01:05 AM
No less than half a gram per pound LBM, higher is fine, don't go lower.

Avoid trans fat, all others are fair game. No upper limit, max out on monounsaturates though (peanut oil, olive oil ... ).

Fuzzy
04-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Right right... so about 80 grams miniumum for me?

Damn... I think Id be scrapping 50 if Im lucky.

Eats spoon of peanut butter*

Ill work on that.

McIrish
04-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Shouldn't we be encouraging Fuzzy to optimize his PWO meal with some fast-absorbing protein, a la whey/dextrose shake? Tuna is all well and good, but it's not exactly ideal, right?

Anyhow, Fuzz, where's the TABOULEHHHHHH? Does your family make that stuff? Geez, I could eat Lebanese food every day till the day I die!

smitch250
04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah... but you cant even comprehend the size of my appetite.

Ill eat 10 egg whites... then a can of tuna... then a chicken.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BIG THE FOOD BILL IS? and im not gaining with this much food, im losing infact.

EDIT: water is anywere from 4 to 8 litres a day.

up your carbs and fats and decrease your proteins.

Fuzzy
04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Shouldn't we be encouraging Fuzzy to optimize his PWO meal with some fast-absorbing protein, a la whey/dextrose shake? Tuna is all well and good, but it's not exactly ideal, right?

Anyhow, Fuzz, where's the TABOULEHHHHHH? Does your family make that stuff? Geez, I could eat Lebanese food every day till the day I die!

Well, I just gorged myself on a Lebanese feast... so full, think that was a solid 3 pounds of meat. and thjat was drenched in enough garlic and olive oil to kill a small African country.

Now... you missed what I said, my mom wont let me take whey. She simply cant comprehemd that her food isnt adequete.

Ok folk, Imma cut down the protein, eat more bread and stuff... and fat... oh god I missed drinking olive oil.

jamrock
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
If you're trying to grow you need to be at a caloric surplus. You really only need a gram or two of protein per pound of LBM. So to make your food bills cheaper, eat more carbs after you hit your daily protein requirement. :)

Progress
04-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Is the sport drink powder or liquid form?