PDA

View Full Version : Do I consume too many protein shakes?

Dman
04-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I probably have 4 - 5 protein shakes a day - one at all my major meals. I am curious to know if I am over doing this, and should I be consuming the same amount on less rigorous training days or off days (ie abs or off)

Thanks guys

PeterParker
04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
what is your diet like, do you use fitday to track diet, what are your goals etc. training routine
need to know more before we can comment.

Dman
04-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Morning
Oatmeal
Toast
Life cereal
Protein shake

Snack
Cottage cheese
Toast
Protein shake

Lunch
Can of tuna
avacado
Protein shake

Creatine
Workout
Protein shake

Snack
Bagel with hummus (weird combo but it tastes good)

Dinner
Steak
Protein shake

Then I take GNC Daily supplement

Sometimes I will have a protein shake before I go to sleep....

KingWilder
04-15-2007, 11:06 AM
a protein shake is nothing more than protein..the only thing I would worry about with the diet you have currently is whether or not you're getting enough vitamins and minerals

I see that you're taking a GNC vitamin, but I would still consider adding in some veggies

PeterParker
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
tbh if it was me , i would throw in whole grains , lots of veggies,fruit, potatoes, rice ,
drop 2 shakes and replace with whole foods, also drink milk during the day , extra cals , cheaper than using supps all the time .

Dman
04-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the advice guys

I thought that between my oatmeal, toast, avacados, cereal and GNC vitamins that I was getting enough fiber and oats. But since I am not, what would you suggest I eat as a source of whole grains? (I am really ignorant when it comes to diet and what different foods contain)

And I will definately add more fruits and vegetables now

Thanks again,

Doug

Alex.V
04-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd say it's fine, but wow, carbs are low. Eat some rice or something boy, damn.

Dman
04-15-2007, 05:11 PM
yea i went to the store and picked up some brown rice and some new orleans dirty mix (someone said it was pretty good) and I got some fruits so hopefully I will be set

McIrish
04-15-2007, 11:02 PM
I'd say it's fine, but wow, carbs are low. Eat some rice or something boy, damn.

I dunno, B, his carbs could actually be quite high - it all depends on whether he uses milk or water for his protein shakes.

To the OP: Those are just water+whey protein powder? Eww.