PDA

View Full Version : Stack it, Attack it, Rack it - Issue #4- Mike Wolf

123 champ
04-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey mike, i just got finished reading the new article and i just had one question. When it says:

"Choose 2 of the above exercises for lats and rear delts/traps per session, and perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Repeat 2-3 times per week varying the movements weekly."

Do you mean choose two of each or one of each? and also should i train them on my squat/deadlift days or my bench days? Thanks.

bigbadwolfe
04-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey 123 Champ,

Thanks for the question. Ok here is what I wrote:

(Mike Wolfe wrote)
As always, be sure to include plenty of work for your upper back on your other training days. A strong upper back is key to a big press. Some authorities suggest that upper back training should be performed on the same plane as chest training. I prefer, and recommend to others, both horizontal and vertical upper back training. This includes, but is not limited to the following exercises:

Lats

* seated pulldowns
* seated rows
* standing dumbbell rows

Rear Delts/Traps

* face pulls (see other issues for explanation)
* rear delt raises
* high shrugs (see other issues for explanation)

Choose 2 of the above exercises for lats and rear delts/traps per session, and perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Repeat 2-3 times per week varying the movements weekly.

My Answer:

OK I can see where your confusion came from, I suggest doing 2 movements for Back and then 2 movements for rear delts/traps. So a total of 4 movements. You do not necessarily have to do these movements you can do whatever moves you choose.

Ok the second part of your question. I myself do not squat and dead so I can dedicate 2 workouts totally to these. But Yes I would try and incorporate them where ever you can even if that is Squat/Dead days or Bench days. Just use trial by error methods to adjust it to your training.

If you feel like it is to much to add on to a squat or dead workout add another day to the mix for one shoulder and back workout. And then just add a couple shoulder moves one day and a couple back moves on another. Just make sure you hit them a couple times a week. Alot of people neglect the fact that the back is BIG in benching also.

123 champ
04-15-2007, 07:18 PM
ok sounds good. thanks mike