PDA

View Full Version : 175lbs to 195; Input/Advice/Comments welcome

Talking_God
04-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Well guys, started at 175 in December..23-ish bodyfat from what i was told to 195, right around the same i think. Started doing WBB #1, moved on to BGB in beginning of March. Bench is up from basically the bar to 160, deads from around 90 i think to 330 1RM, 250 for reps (lack of endurance is a bitch.), squats from bar to 145 (balance issues..i suck lol). I think i bulked pretty decent considering there was a couple of 1 week periods where i kind of let my diet go a bit, its a hard thing for me to keep on track but i'm improving on it daily. I wanted to bulk to 200, but 195 and i've finally decided i need to lose the flab, so im going to cut now that i've put on some decent enough muscle to have a good base to work on. I didn't take any wheel pics tonight, but i'll get some within a couple days if i remember.

Ok so i'm not smart enough to use paintshop to put pictures together..things ****ing confusing..i'll just show front double bi, back double bi, and just normal standing.

Edit: Back double bi's quality's pretty bad..sorry :/ Also..i know my bf% is probably like 20's still..but im no good at approximating so if its less feel free to make my day lol

Talking_God
04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
here's unflexed from the front.

BFGUITAR
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Great job!
Definately put on some muscle!
I have about the same progress as you did in the same amount of time.

Fucck You
04-16-2007, 09:24 PM
good job

Talking_God
04-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks BF & FY...i began to think i mighta put on more fat than i should have, but first tries always have their mistakes, i just have to try and be more secure on my diet. The cut should give some significant changes i'm hoping :)

BF- completely unrelated, but what pieces are you working on now? just curious :)

BFGUITAR
04-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Thanks BF & FY...i began to think i mighta put on more fat than i should have, but first tries always have their mistakes, i just have to try and be more secure on my diet. The cut should give some significant changes i'm hoping :)

BF- completely unrelated, but what pieces are you working on now? just curious :)

Im working on three new pieces, two of which ive memorized and got the piece technically down more or less.

The first is the ever famoius TicoTico, the second is the not so famous "Las Abjas" by Barrios and the thirs is Bohemian Rhapsody, using the Edgar Cruz transcription for solo classical guitar.

Ive got my hands full :D

Talking_God
04-17-2007, 07:19 PM
haha sounds like it :)

im trying to relearn Chopin's Ballade No.1 by next week. I've got two hands and a brain full haha..i dont think it'll happen lol

Anyone else have opinions on anything i need to specifically work on..?

Gabrielle
04-18-2007, 09:34 AM
To be completely honest, I don't understand why you bulked in the 1st place. If your bodyfat is already 20% why would you risk the chance of increasing it by bulking? I think you could have cut and still gained muscle with your newbie gains. Either that or stay the same weight and shed bodyfat. You just need to work on gaining size and strength all over. You have the dedication, so just work on being more efficient in accomplishing your goal. You should see significant changes when you are done dieting. By the way great increase in your lift numbers. 330 rm on deads for a relative newbie is awesome. Good luck on your cut

BFGUITAR
04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
To be completely honest, I don't understand why you bulked in the 1st place. If your bodyfat is already 20% why would you risk the chance of increasing it by bulking? I think you could have cut and still gained muscle with your newbie gains. Either that or stay the same weight and shed bodyfat. You just need to work on gaining size and strength all over. You have the dedication, so just work on being more efficient in accomplishing your goal. You should see significant changes when you are done dieting. By the way great increase in your lift numbers. 330 rm on deads for a relative newbie is awesome. Good luck on your cut

I dont think his bodyfat changed at all despite the weight he gained. If he knew exactly what to do he could have gone to maybe 15% bf but hes new like me and many other people. He decided to bulk because hes comfortable with his bodyfat (he many not like it but its doesnt bother him). Were only suppose to cut when we dont like the way our body looks, period.

Con
04-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Not tryin to keep steering this off track, but im betting Gabs POv comes from trying to be the most efficient. If Talking would have cut first, and then bulked, he probably would have seen better gains since more muscle and less fat is gained at lower BF levels.

Anyway gj to talking. Its easy to tell there is a positive difference, but its hard to pinpoint what it may be.

Talking_God
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Well i did post a thread a few days after i joined to get people's general concencus, and i thought i should cut as well, but from the few replies i got everyone said bulk, so that's what i did. I plan on cutting down to perhabs 12-13% before beginning another bulk. And Gabrielle, thanks for the compliments on the lifts and for your opinions/ideas as well as to Con, appreciate it.

Gabrielle
04-18-2007, 02:58 PM
No biggie bro you live and you learn. Sorry, if I gave the impression that I was ragging on you because I wasn't. Lol, when you get down to 12 or 13 bf wise you will prob want to get in the single digits. Good luck in your goals, you have a great attitude and that wil bring you far in life.

Talking_God
04-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks Gab, i didnt think you were ragging on me at all, i've read a lot of your posts, especially in the anabolic zone, and i've got a lot of respect for you, so i knew you were just telling me what would have been better. Like you said, live and learn, i can't do any worse next time (hopefully anyway..). By the time i bulk again i'll be at college, living basically off of chicken, tuna, eggs, and olive oil lol.

And single digits are definitely a future goal..if i went on such an extended cut i'm sure i'd lose a lot of whatever muscle i have. As it is, getting down to 12-ish will require me i think to drop about..15 lbs (i think,my ability to do math right now is gone) if i'm at 20% bf. About how long should that 15 lbs take, about 3 and a half months correct?

Rock Steady
04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Definitely looking better - the difference in your traps between the pics in the second post looks huge! Best of luck.

Talking_God
04-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks Rock..i always thought traps and shoulders were one of my better appearance qualities

Musckles
04-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Awesome results