PDA

View Full Version : UPA Is Launched - Westside's new PL association?

Bob
04-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Well.. looks like this is the new leaque for PL'ers.. and where Westside is going.
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4819

And if you follow the link to the first meet...
http://www.advancedstrengthconcepts.com/events.html

Looks like ALN is a sponsor.. or has been a sponsor...
http://www.advancedstrengthconcepts.com/links.html
Come on Chris... tell us what you know!!

smokinHawk
04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
interesting
you wouldnt have to know the link to the rules would you?

WillKuenzel
04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Doesn't look like posted anywhere just yet. I would imagine though that if Westside is associated with them or going to be then they would be pretty close to the APF/WPO rules.

waynedang
04-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Bill Carp just announced he is no longer APF Iowa chair. He is now the UPA vice pres

WillKuenzel
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
That's interesting. I haven't seen anything anywhere else but other than on powerliftingwatch. Anybody else with any info? Chris Mason?

Sensei
04-17-2007, 02:23 PM
(not that it won't be great but...) ....a new fed. yay.

WillKuenzel
04-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree, Sensei. I don't think that a new fed is the answer to all the problems. Why not just try to fix what's already there? There's enough people that don't like Kidder to do something about it. If he's really the problem, why is everybody all trying to do something different instead of grouping together.

chris mason
04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I have not spoken with Louie in about a week. We gave him our committment to sponsor the events he is associated with when we last spoke. I know they are planning a meet in August and am not sure from there. That meet may or may not be with this new federation.

With respect to Kenny's meet, we are definitely in on that as well. We have already sent him the funds. That should be an awesome meet!

Chris

WillKuenzel
04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
That's awesome, Chris. When are you going to be competing? ;)

WestsideWarrior
04-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I will be at the July 15th meet.

Hope to see everyone there.

vdizenzo
04-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I really hope we can pull together in one way or another. I'd like to see everyone fall under one umbrella with various categories (except the USAPL, they will never because of the IPF affiliation).

smokinHawk
04-18-2007, 06:52 AM
is the UPA going to take the WPO place in the arnold classic?
i thought the USAPL was but people were hesitant of it because of the USAPL's strict rules.

WillKuenzel
04-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Apparently the USAPL already has the contract for the Arnold. The UPA is a another group of powerlifters starting another federation to separate themselves from the WPO because they're upset with its current administration.

Bob
04-24-2007, 08:10 AM
The new UPA website is up...
http://www.unitedpowerliftingassociation.com/
Not much there yet.. but you can join up.

bigbadwolfe
04-25-2007, 01:56 PM
UPA is not Westside, it all is Kenny Patterson's baby not Lou's. I will be competing there on the 15th of July and KP always runs a Kickass meet!!! So anyone who can make it should try and if not to compete at least to watch.

I wish KP and Carp all the luck in the world on running this new fed and I hope it takes off and runs as good as it sounds.

Wolfy!!!

Bill Carpenter
04-26-2007, 10:03 PM
UPA is not Westside, it all is Kenny Patterson's baby not Lou's. I will be competing there on the 15th of July and KP always runs a Kickass meet!!! So anyone who can make it should try and if not to compete at least to watch.

I wish KP and Carp all the luck in the world on running this new fed and I hope it takes off and runs as good as it sounds.

Wolfy!!!

Hey Mike,
We will be bringing a lot of lifters to Kennys meet from here. I look forward to competing and supporting our first UPA meet of the year. Kenny and I are busting our butts to get the fed setup and keep it growing. We have several states interested in running UPA meets. Ted O'Neil from Diablo Gym is our State Chairman for California. Ted just signed on today and has a meet scheduled already. We feel with all the interest we are getting the UPA will be big fast with some great meets in store for the lifters! See you in July Mike.

bigbadwolfe
04-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Bill I am so ready for this meet to get here!!! I want to get under the bar and do something. I will be a 308er for the meet so hoping to make my run for that ring!!!

Good luck with the FED and I know you two will do this **** right.

Wolfy!!!!

Bill Carpenter
04-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Bill I am so ready for this meet to get here!!! I want to get under the bar and do something. I will be a 308er for the meet so hoping to make my run for that ring!!!

Good luck with the FED and I know you two will do this **** right.

Wolfy!!!!

Dam, 308! You have to be looking big and lean for you to be at that weight. Way to go! I am just doing Jane Fonda deload weekends right now. To many meets in a row so want to heal up a little then take a huge run at Kennys meet. I might come in light or heavy not sure yet. See how the diet goes. I like that it is Schwartz formula and not Glossbrenner. It favors us little guys! LOL!

Thanks on the Fed. It really is about the lifter and for you guys!

bigbadwolfe
04-27-2007, 08:39 PM
I was 335 the other day and Chris is tweaking my diet here and there. So yeah with the cardio and the Ab work hopefully I'll look pretty good :) But I still wanna be strong as hell!!!