PDA

View Full Version : Pomegreat Juice

Negi
04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
I tried some of this at my work... tastes nice and well looks really healthy.
So i started to drink like a litre a day instead of my usually crap.

Wondering if you guys might wanna try some since its good for cholesterol and your heart.

Its really refreshing too so maybe a good after work out drink?

http://www.pomegreat.com/Index.asp

Blueberry one rocks!

Mr. D
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
A litre is = to how many calories and carbs (sugars)?

Negi
04-17-2007, 03:30 PM
"The sugar in Pomegreat all comes from fruit extract. Therefore these are natural sugars. There is no added refined sugar in any of our products."

Calories: per litre... 440
Carbs (sugars): per litre... 46g

Unreal
04-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Sugar is sugar. In fact natural fruit sugar has some added unwanted effects in how it is handled by your body. Juice should pretty much be avoided but we discussed this plenty of times. Search for juice and you'll see why.

getfit
04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
i love this juice

Mr. D
04-17-2007, 03:43 PM
i enjoy eating whole pomegranates. it may be a pain to some to peel but i enjoy eating the fruits of your labor. no pun intended.

04-17-2007, 05:30 PM
mmmm pomegranate juice but im not a big fan of the blueberry i like the plain kind the best

Bako Lifter
04-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Berries shouldn't be made into juice. They are all gross.:p

Negi
04-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Im pretty sure its not like the other kinds of juice you'd find in stores which are just packed full of sugar to make them taste nice...

But if what your saying is true? We should eat fruit? :O

Unreal
04-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Eat fruit, not juice. Ateast you get the fiber and other benefits, but even fruit should be limited as the sugar adds up very quickly.

Angler
04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Maybe someone else more qualified could chime in on this.

I believe added sugars listed on soft drinks and natural sugars are completely different. The sugar listed on sodas and such is not sugar. Its corn syrup listed as a sugar. Not full chains of carbs. Which means your body can not use it as such. Much worse for you than raw sugars and most of the reason we live with the fattest people on the planet here in the US.

Sugars from fruits and vegetables your body can readily use. Not say you should fill up on them because there natural and your body use them. Just that this is not comparing apples to apples. All sugars are not created equal just because the label states sugar.

Unreal
04-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Fruit contains sucrose and fructose. So does soda. A can of coke and a cup of orange juice have almost the same sugar profile.