PDA

View Full Version : opinions on my diet

rainman
04-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone

Im a big guy that is trying to lose fat while gaining muscle (or at least holding it) I hit the gym pretty hard 4 days a week and have been getting good muscle gains, but I really need to start losing fat (I want to cut ? - sorry Im a n00b)

http://enorth.com.au/report.pdf

was my intake for the day. I am 34% body fat, 6 foot tall. I have calculated my maintenance calories is 3100, so I am aiming for 2100 per day for the 1000 cal deficit.

If anyone can give me advice or opinions I would greatly appreciate it :)

Mr. D
04-18-2007, 09:34 AM
your fats are too low. Aim for 0.5g/lbm of fats. I would reduce from carbs and increase the fats.

Also stick to whole grains instead of the white bread.

rainman
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
ta mate, the white bread for lunch was a local fish shop that doesnt do wholemeal.

Interesting with the carbs, I didnt think I had that much, but it sure adds up.

Mr. D
04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
well if you insist on the 2100 cal level, then the reduction would have to come from carbs. Since your bodyfat is so high, you can probably handle the 1000 cal reduction from maintence. However if you feel stregnth suffering and muscle loss too drastic, then I would up the cals.

So in summary, if you are sticking with the 2100 cals, then reduce the carbs a lil and increase the fats. Target your carbs pre/post workout and first thing in the morning. Other than that make all your meal Protein + fat meals.