PDA

View Full Version : ???Sushi???

BossHawg02
04-18-2007, 10:15 AM
just got back into my training and diet again, and have really been on a sushi kick lately...how well would that balance into my diet??? been eating chicken and red meat...but getting a lil burnt out...I eat about six times a day....small portions....

seK
04-18-2007, 10:25 AM
just got back into my training and diet again, and have really been on a sushi kick lately...how well would that balance into my diet??? been eating chicken and red meat...but getting a lil burnt out...I eat about six times a day....small portions....
As long as the Macro's fit into your goals then you should be fine.

Unreal
04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Depends on the sushi. A las vegas roll that is fried will have a higher fat content then say a sashimi tuna. Different rolls have different macros. If they fit into your diet plan then eat away. Just beware all the white rice can add up fast.

ddegroff
04-18-2007, 06:51 PM
If the white rice is a big deal, i've seen some places that will do brown rice instead.

I eat sushi all the time.

Kyolked
04-18-2007, 07:52 PM
<-- not trendy enough to enjoy a sushi restraunt.

getfit
04-18-2007, 07:55 PM
If the white rice is a big deal, i've seen some places that will do brown rice instead.

I eat sushi all the time.

yep.I go for the veggie sushi.I love it.

Angler
04-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Skip the rice all together. Try the fish on it's own. Sashimi is the way to go.

You couldn't eat enough raw fish to throw off your plan. It would cost you in a big way.

Make sure it's fresh and enjoy.

I'll be belly up to the Counter in a half hr. Baby Red fish, Salmon, and Tuna (Yellow fin and white meat).

Alex.V
04-19-2007, 09:41 AM
A typical roll (california/tuna type roll, 6-8 pieces) has the equivalent of 50-60 calories of rice in it. Which means eat all the damn sushi you want, unless you're doing some keto crap.

Unreal
04-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I was at costco last night and looked at their sushi tray because it looked very tasty. It had 4 servings, 210 calories a serving, 39g carbs, 6g protein, 3g fat. They were standard california rolls.

Alex.V
04-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Good job.

dabaugh
04-19-2007, 10:56 AM
i retired last summer from my job as a sushi chef. look into Nigiri or sashimi if you are worried about rice content.
I highly recommend unagi (freshwater eel) maguro, hamachi, and other delicate fish cuts.

This stuff kept me healthy, should do the same for you, only i wasnt paying the $$ for it, so thats why i ate so much ;)